Random Story Post

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Random Story Post

Postby Melathys » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

well, with random pics, songs and links threads, why not a random stories thread? I'll start with this....

Was hearing about flooding on NPR, reminded me of a story my gf told me...

A town was flooding, and there was one man left to evacuate. He was on top of his house, with the flood water reaching his feet. Just then, a boat came along "Get in our boat, and we'll take you to safety" they yelled.
The man replied "no thank you, God will save me."

The flood was up to the man's waist, and another boat came along, again they asked him to get on the boat, again the man replied "No thank you, God will save me"

The flood was up to the man's neck, and a helicopter flew by. They asked him to get in the helicopter, again the man replied "No thank you, God will save me"

Well, the flood continued to rise, and the man drowned. In Heaven, standing before God, the man implored "God, I have been your faithful servant all my life. Why did you let me die in the flood?"
God replied, "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what else do you want me to do?"

might not be word for word how she said it, but close enough. :)
Melathys

Re: Random Story Post

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 am

When did she tell you that story?

Because thats the exact same story Jaden told Will in Pursuit of Happiness (which I watched today)
Lightbeard

Postby Melathys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

I wouldn't doubt she got it from that movie..I also wouldn't doubt that the story has been around much longer than the movie.
Melathys

Postby Jackstraw » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:33 pm

This American Life has wonderful random stories! here's one of my favorites, a short snippet of the last bit of an episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGZhXAi9M8

The prologue to this episode is also very touching, but i can't find an easy link...
Jackstraw

Postby Melathys » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 pm

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3kg. The length of a penis is 3 times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink 2x as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand. A woman has read this entire post. A man is still looking at his thumb.
Melathys

Postby Torquemada » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:13 am

Torquemada

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Holy shit. That was fucking epic.
Kelaan

Return to Arkham Asylum