Should we use RAWR's suggestions?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Should we use RAWR's suggestions?

Postby SteelBalls » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:01 pm

I just plugged my toon into RAWR and it was measuring my gear by threat generated and seemed to suggest that I should be putting AP enchants on my boots, strength gems on my legs, and use strength trinks. These are just some examples. I was under the impression that we should be gemming, enchanting, and selecting gear that gives avoidance (dodge, parry) as well as mastery and stam. Should I just ignore RAWR or am I not using it properly or something? I used to use RAWR on my ret pally back in WoLK and it significantly increased my dps so I thought it could help with my tank gear too. Is RAWR good for evaluating tankadin gear sets/gems/enchants?

EDIT: okay I started playing with RAWR more and noticed that you could filter for a dominant characteristic to judge gear/gems/enchants on. Should we change the dominant stat from threat to mitigation? I remember reading mitigation is really important at the early stages of gearing.
SteelBalls

Re: Should we use RAWR's suggestions?

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:42 pm

rawr right now is in beta. each module, for each class/spec combination, is developed uniquely and implemented. For example, I was just on there and while they've added support for mastery gems in the past 24 hours, there's no mastery being put on gear. The entire program is still very, very unfinished, and the weights are therefor pretty off. to answer your question - it's unreliable and unfinished.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 am

Rawr really isn't Tank friendly and hasn't been for a long time unless you are able to tell it exactly what you want it to calculate. I gave up on it a while ago in honesty for tanking values, while it is fine for DPS I wouldn't trust it in its current development form for good advice.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Chanserv » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 am

It was missing like 10% block when I loaded my toon into it. closed it and didn't open it again. Wish there was a good tanking alternative...

so to answer the question... no
Chanserv

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 am

No, it hasn't been very tank-friendly for some time. I'd just go with the various lists here and pay attention to the discussions as best one can. That said:

Cue RAWR Rapid Deployment Defense Squad in

Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice