GT5 = GT3 HD

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

GT5 = GT3 HD

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Title says it all. If you loved Gran Turismo 3 and haven't bought 5 yet, you don't know what you're missing. GT4 was sort of its own enigmatic beast, but GT5 brings the series back.

And I do absolutely mean it's GT3 HD. If you ever played Halo 2 on a 360, you'll be familiar with the "is this current gen or last gen" feeling. Here to stay is barreling down the straight and plowing into your opponent that's trying to brake and take the corner properly and driving off with no penalty. Here to stay are the magical never-fade brakes. The 2D cutout crowd cheering you on. The genre-defying smooth jazz. The graphics that are a little too crisp and don't quite feel current-gen.

And none of that even matters. Tearing through Trial Mountain in my freshly purchased RX-7 and nailing every apex without so much as a glance at the map because the course is engrained in my head is absolutely glee-inducing. The (pretty much but to a fault) Real Driving Simulator is back. Haven't tried online play yet (mainly because this is the first time I've used the PS3 for anything other than watching Blu-Ray), but I can only imagine it'll be even better than the old split screen battles on a dorm room couch.

If you like driving games, buy this game. Also worth a mention is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, which I'd got for Christmas from Nika. Unlike GT5, it is absolutely a one-trick pony. But the one trick it does - racers trying to win and cops trying to destroy their cars - it does so, so well. Haven't played TOO much single player, but the online play is a blast. 4 players as cops, 4 as racers, and away you go. Playing both side is way more fun than it should be - even getting knocked out and then watching that last remaining racer trying to avoid helicopters and spike strips as the cops close in, cheering him on.

</carnerd>
Invisusira

Re: GT5 = GT3 HD

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:18 am

Althoughhhhhhhhh.... the soundtrack is fucking bizarre.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 pm

When I get it I will be spending hours on end pounding around the top gear track trying to beat stiggies time in the königsegg CCX (1:17.6 iirc).

<-- gran turismo nut :D

could you check for me, GT3 had this really cute little suzuki 360 (looks like a mini with bug antenna side mirrors) from the 1960s. I remember souping it up to 200 bhp and charging around the city circuits. Is this car back in the game (it got dropped from GT4 :< )

Oh, and does it come with the laguna seca raceway?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Ha. Wonder what they're doing with the Stig in this season...

No Isuzu 360 as near as I can tell, but it's kind of hard to tell since there's hundreds and hundreds of cars that just show up as loot or in the used dealership or what not. I've already seen a LOT of the old GT3 classics. And yes, Laguna Seca is back.
Invisusira

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Apparently this is the full list of cars:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=33712
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Does this game have the Nurburgring?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby duruk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Invisusira wrote:Ha. Wonder what they're doing with the Stig in this season...

They are getting a new one, from the farm. No, really. They are. Go see.
Duruk, EU-Khadgar - Lvl85 Paladin Tank.
duruk

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

heh yeah saw that.
Invisusira

Return to Arkham Asylum