Stratholme at 70 - full clear?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Stratholme at 70 - full clear?

Postby Sparti » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:07 pm

I know it's possible to clear stratholme at 70, but thus far most of my attempts at it have been failures and rocky all the way. I can clear the trash easily enough, 3 groups at a time all through the dead<->live stretch, but once I get to dead or live side proper I have a lot of trouble.

Skipping the adds on dead side is easy enough, but I have a lot of trouble doing so on the live side, and dead side strat adds are tough to kill. Some of the live side pulls I can't handle at all - all the trash before willey for example. I've been doing these pulls in the same gear set that I use for the trash on the dead<->live stretch but I have the feeling that I may need to swap to different gear or try a different strategy here. My main troubles seem to be with the dead side necromancers (bone shield makes it so I literally cannot kill more than one of them at a time) and on the live side, anything that can heal, especiall the trash before willey that's two defenders and a priest at a time. (since all 3 heal and I have no interrupt, they usually wail on me until I either run out of HP or run out of mana and can't keep myself up with holy light because of shield bash.)

I'd like to improve my solo method of these two instances, because I'd like to start doing baron runs (lol deathcharger) and live side strat has both the red santa hat (totally op on dranei as it turns out) and righteous orbs. any advice would be appreciated

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Been there, done that.

Bascially on caster trashs, you should wear a wannaberetri set and nuke down the ones that leech mana (can't remind their name, necromancers probably)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Exodius » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:07 pm

I haven't run Strat in a while...

For the live side, I cleared everything except the final boss, and that was only because LoH was on a cooldown.

I found what worked well for live proper (where you have humans involved) was to do very, very long LoS pulls. As you said, many of the mobs heal themselves - a right royal pain and a half. Always try and kill any healers first, and if you have multiples of them, just prepared for a very, very long fight. Eventually they run out of mana and that's when you kill them.

You should be at a point where SoL/SoW and your gear should be so good that you are near invincible from the trash. If they actually do drop your health, well, you can always heal, bubble bandage and heal, gift of Naaru (no mana for the win), FoC, pot, crystal charged thingy, stun then heal, LoH... it takes a lot to actually die...

Just don't pull more than one group, 2-4 or however many there are at a time. Humans always run (the wimps) so that's why you pull them a long way. If you are fighting healers and they bring more healers... well, you are stuffed. And LoS will help them bunch up so Consercrate works.

As for dead, well, I found it a pretty frustrating place, but my gear was a lot worse then. I just could not be bothered with such frustrating pats and adds at the time. :?
Exodius

Postby Pizbit » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Level 60 bosses wont drop a hat for level 70s.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Fleetwood » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:46 am

You're talking about soloing it, right?
Fleetwood

Postby utena » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Maybe increase your block value if you're getting beat down by trash -- having your defense that high doesn't really do anything on lvl 60 trash.

Put on more +spell dmg gear.

And Sprint customer service = saggy, stinky ass.
utena

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics