Best professions

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Best professions

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:10 am

Lightknight wrote:Do not drop BS for Eng. I read that the 2nd backfire of the plasma shield causes an unavoidable 5 second stun.

You can't use it in heroics due to the ae taunt and you can't use it in raids due to the 5 second stun. So the only useable effect of engineering is the on-use 1500 armor enchant on the gloves.

In my eyes engeneering is now worthless. I will drop it for leatherworking or blacksmithing.

You missed the third backfire, which causes all incoming hits to crit for ten seconds.

That being said, I haven't had a misfire of any type yet.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am

I actually farmed up a bunch of gold at the end of last xpac to switch to engi/lw for the wrist enchants and lolrocketboots. Now, with no relevant resist enchants and engineering being terrible, I'm glad I waited until cata hit to do it...but also a little saddened by all the wasted time I could have spent collecting stamps.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Griffonheart wrote:Currently Mining adds 120 stam at the highest skill level. With JC you get 123 stam out of three Chimera's Eyes (over the blue Solid). Ratio wise the benefit lessens when the epic gems come out. I hope they buff Chimera's Eyes when that happens. I gave up mining long ago to pursuit max tanking power, would hate to see the advantage lost so easily to a harvesting profession.

Edit: Bah, the signature is so outdated.

God forbid that those dirty disgusting gatherers get anything useful. QQ. I find pursuit of such a razor thin advantage to be an epic waste of time and effort as there are far more useful ways to increase one's abilities and usefulness as a tank.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:21 am

Njall wrote:
Griffonheart wrote:Currently Mining adds 120 stam at the highest skill level. With JC you get 123 stam out of three Chimera's Eyes (over the blue Solid). Ratio wise the benefit lessens when the epic gems come out. I hope they buff Chimera's Eyes when that happens. I gave up mining long ago to pursuit max tanking power, would hate to see the advantage lost so easily to a harvesting profession.

Edit: Bah, the signature is so outdated.

God forbid that those dirty disgusting gatherers get anything useful. QQ. I find pursuit of such a razor thin advantage to be an epic waste of time and effort as there are far more useful ways to increase one's abilities and usefulness as a tank.

This so many times.

Been miner and engineer since TBC, the only moment I actually gave a thought about rerolling one was for leatherworking with drum spam, passed that and moved into WotLK I've never given anything a second thought, the stamina buff from mining is so good in many ways, is there, I dont need to train it, I dont need to equip/gem/enchant/socket it, is there.

Playing only as tank, what else can I ask?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 am

I think it's safe to treat the three stam as negligible. They buffed JC gems back when epic gems came out in Wrath, they'll do it again. Moreso; they'll increase the benefit to keep other professions on par with Blacksmithing. Expect mining to get buffed to 150-160 stamina.

Prime benefit of crafting professions, I think, is that you get to choose where your points go. I may make my spare gem slots Mastery soon.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice