Remove Advertisements

[Derivation] Armor, Mastery, and Avoidance

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: [Derivation] Armor, Mastery, and Avoidance

Postby Midoriko » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 pm

About the block meta, I sent a ticket a few days ago and in only 1 hour, my ticket got escalated. Then, in like 2 hours I talked to a GM and he said the block meta's tooltip is wrong. It should be 1%, not 5%.
Midoriko

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 am

This doesn't really surprise me, considering the (hidden) tooltip for the meta effect correctly displays 1%. It's just the sort of thing that might get accidentally overlooked.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby kirsty » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:49 am

i thought the block meta would increase the block value by 5%? as in 5% of 40%, being 2%?

at least in the char-tooltipp, i get after applying the meta, 32% blockvalue, which seems to be rounded up from 31.5% blockvalue (which would be 5% increase of 30%).

i also found this logical, as it would scale with both warriors and paladins exactly the same, both blocking mechanics would be boosted by 5%.

can you really confirm that its working otherwise?
kirsty

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 pm

The meta alters the paperdoll tootip? That's interesting, and rather alters my perception of this. It may well be the 5% you suggest, I think. I'm going to check on this when I get home. If that's true, it would imply that Eternal is the winner for all but a rather fresh 85 tank, or someone who hasn't reforged to Mastery.

I'd trust the paperdoll tooltip over the hidden meta tooltip. I really should just run off and test the damn thing, presumably there's no random variance involved, so any few hits over 1000 should clearly show the exact amount.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby kirsty » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm

ok, i remembered wrong, in the tooltipp it is 31% blockvalue. i also tested a bit on wolves in the twilight highlands, and that confirmed 41% blockvalue with meta and holy shield up.
kirsty

Postby theothersteve7 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks. Still, it's nice to know that it does that on the character panel tooltip - now I have somewhere to easily direct people who are confused by the gem's tooltip.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby theckhd » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Going to lock this thread, as I've re-posted this in a slightly more useful format here with enough reserved posts to keep it current. The discussion can continue there.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations