Worst Heroic bosses? Cata edition.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Worst Heroic bosses? Cata edition.

Postby Mcduffie » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:06 pm

I personally have a huge distaste for Forgemaster Throngus. No one gets out of shatter, and the healers/dps never understand the flaming arrow concept. Though, honestly, I don't understand it either.

Newb: "What was hitting me for 10k a hit?"

Mcduffie: "Flaming arrows. They shoot them at you."

Newb: "Who? What are you talking about?"

Mcduffie: "Aliens."

Newb: "Oh."

Mcduffie: "You also took 200k fire shield damage. Just thought you should know you're an idiot." (Thanks Skada!)
Mcduffie

Postby heuvarius » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:32 pm

inthedrops wrote:First boss in SFK always felt easy to me. Just use the interrupts you have wisely and make sure everyone knows what they're responsible for. I always save 3 holy power for a self WoG and sometimes use a cooldown after asphyxiation. He hits like such a panzy and takes forever to kill you, even when low in health.

Or use a pet to tank him. Pets don't get hit by Asphyxiation and made the achievement trivially easy to do.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby inthedrops » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 pm

heuvarius wrote:
inthedrops wrote:First boss in SFK always felt easy to me. Just use the interrupts you have wisely and make sure everyone knows what they're responsible for. I always save 3 holy power for a self WoG and sometimes use a cooldown after asphyxiation. He hits like such a panzy and takes forever to kill you, even when low in health.

Or use a pet to tank him. Pets don't get hit by Asphyxiation and made the achievement trivially easy to do.

Not a bad idea, I'll bust out my Core Hound Pup next time :P
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby KillaMachine » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:53 pm

wiped 11 times on ozruk tankin him first time but after that been one shotting him no problem, trick is to move him a little further so you guys can see his name plate if u position him a lil further down the tunnel hes cake

wiped 5 times at 3rd boss at brc, once you know how to move him in and out of flames hes cake been one shotting him since other than that all heroix are pretty simple
KillaMachine

Postby Darkler » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:55 am

fuzzygeek wrote:No static?

You can either suicide and cheese it, or have a priest spam levitate. A "helpful" priest levi'ed me for the first static, which confused me deeply but I still got the ach jumping the rest of the way.

HoF does not work, btw.

There is an easier way tbh. The same way you can avoid getting damaged by the quake spell of the crystal/stone giants in stonecore by jumping, the statics can be avoided by jumping. As soon as you see his cast bar, just jump and you wont get any static. Enjoy :)
Darkler

Postby Syncognition » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:50 am

If you have a good healer, just tank Springvale at the top of the stairs just outside the door of his room. Back yourself into a corner there and face him away from your group and the adds will come right to you if you use your AoE rotation. The reason you need a good healer is you and your melee dps will not be able to move out of desecration, but overall you reduce the likelihood that he'll breathe on the group. While I have killed him in his room by having the rogue tricks adds to me, it was MUCH easier just tanking him in the hall and using appropriate cooldowns (Divine Guardian, HoP, Holy Radiance) to protect melee players.
Syncognition

Postby PsiVen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 am

Amshel wrote:Kite Commander Springvale into the courtyard and you won't get adds. Easy fight.

While I don't find it challenging Erudax has cost me the most in repairs so far. On the other hand, the normal version is idiot proof. So silly.

In other news, you should tank Archimonde on the hill that doomfire won't spawn on, and for Hodir make sure to kite an MCed mob from Thorim and spellsteal Freya trash during the fight. Easy fights.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby theothersteve7 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 am

Well, we could kite him to Vael's room...
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:14 am

Darkler wrote:There is an easier way tbh. The same way you can avoid getting damaged by the quake spell of the crystal/stone giants in stonecore by jumping, the statics can be avoided by jumping. As soon as you see his cast bar, just jump and you wont get any static. Enjoy :)

If this worked as intended that'd be great. I've had the static debuff applied to me while I was in the air, so I suspect the interplay between the boss ability and latency is not quite that cut and dried.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Darkler wrote:There is an easier way tbh. The same way you can avoid getting damaged by the quake spell of the crystal/stone giants in stonecore by jumping, the statics can be avoided by jumping. As soon as you see his cast bar, just jump and you wont get any static. Enjoy :)

If this worked as intended that'd be great. I've had the static debuff applied to me while I was in the air, so I suspect the interplay between the boss ability and latency is not quite that cut and dried.

With 70-100 latency, jumping early/middle of the cast works fine. Higher latency will require earlier jumps =/
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:02 am

Belloc wrote:With 70-100 latency, jumping early/middle of the cast works fine. Higher latency will require earlier jumps =/

And fluctuating latency means this ach is an exercise in frustration.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Spamdrew » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Belloc wrote:With 70-100 latency, jumping early/middle of the cast works fine. Higher latency will require earlier jumps =/

And fluctuating latency means this ach is an exercise in frustration.

You could just do the Hodir and just jump for the entire fight.
Spamdrew

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Spamdrew wrote:You could just do the Hodir and just jump for the entire fight.

Tried that once; didn't work.

tl;dr because this is stupid: hey, some people have nontrivial problems with an achievement that requires you to act on an ability that is on a one second cast time. If you have sub-three digit latency, congrats, this is easy for you. If you don't, I mentioned earlier a few workarounds that might help you before people started suggesting solutions that won't help if you aren't having problems in the first place due to your particular network setup or the flavour of the route between you and the datacenter for that particular five minute time frame. :roll:
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

The biggest cockblocks we've faced in heroics have been Corborus in BRC and Forgemaster Throngus in Grim Batol. I also dislike Siamat from Lost City because it makes my healer spaz.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Xkonvikt » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Flex wrote:The biggest cockblocks we've faced in heroics have been Corborus in BRC and Forgemaster Throngus in Grim Batol. I also dislike Siamat from Lost City because it makes my healer spaz.

Ran Grim Batol last night and one shot the entire thing. Throngus is cake man. The only time he hits hard is when he pulls out 2 swords, at that point I will blow my Cd'S, and WoG like a bit.

edit: Sorry forgot to mention kite when he pulls out the mace and drops globs of molten crap on the floor preferably around in a circle. I prefer counter clockwise.

Dharga is cake too. What I did for this one is held my AS (glyphed) for the adds, when I saw one I hit it with AS to slow it down. CAKE!

For Exo dude same thing if we were low on snares. Hold AS turn around with my back towards the entrance let him kick my ass backwards AS the adds run back to him. CAKE! Just gotta prioritize Kill order on adds.

General? Pfft! CC the purple add tank him near the right path facing him. That will make the purple add have to run a ways to get to me giving CC time to work. CC here can be tricky.

Corborus I hate this damn fight! Nothing easy about it group MUST be competant. \

Siamat is a healer check dps the hell out of him avoid his spells and it's pretty simple the healer must be good not decent GOOD!
Xkonvikt

PreviousNext

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons