DPS For Heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: DPS For Heroics

Postby Gracerath » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 am

Oh, so the DPS warrior and shadow priest in my last Halls of Origination heroic doing ~4k dps were supposed to be doing more? No wonder bosses felt like they took forever :P Somehow we were able to squeak by all the bosses except Setesh. They'd get the boss down to about 50% before I'd get Mcsmoked by adds. (One earthbind totem for kiting didn't cut the mustard)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby yappo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Gracerath wrote:Oh, so the DPS warrior and shadow priest in my last Halls of Origination heroic doing ~4k dps were supposed to be doing more? No wonder bosses felt like they took forever :P Somehow we were able to squeak by all the bosses except Setesh. They'd get the boss down to about 50% before I'd get Mcsmoked by adds. (One earthbind totem for kiting didn't cut the mustard)

*cough*

Considering that I tank (and scrub as I am) at 4k+ dps I DEFINITELY expect my dps to force me to switch RF on to keep aggro...
yappo

Postby Nothan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Usually I push 10-14k depending on how much I need to move or swap to adds in some fights. It's very very annoying to queue for a heroic and after 40 minutes, a dungeon in progress pops up and I know it's pretty much a fail group with no nope to finish, but given that I can only queue as dps on my hunter, I have to join or wait another 40 minutes. My gear is just a mixture of some pieces from normal 5 man/heroic 5 man/JP gear.

As a casual player, I absolutely hate it when I join the group, then discover that either the healer can't handle the damage output of a heroic boss or the dps cannot pull more than what they were capable of in Wrath or no one has a clue what's going on. I don't have the time to be a raider anymore and I don't have friends who can tank and heal on call so a lot of times I am forced to join very bad pugs.

Several examples from just last night:

A Stonecore group I joined in progress and we couldn't kill Ozruk. I had absolutely no idea what the dps were doing but I was doing more than the other 2 dps combined and I would never get the paralyze dispelled off me. Needless to say we wiped for about 30 minutes before they all left.

Then I get Grim Batol...another in progress, we get past the forgemaster pretty easily, then I see a glimmer of hope. When we reach the orc/dragon boss, the shadow priest stands there as the elemental spawns right next to him and instantly kills him before I can even get it to half. Then the healer decided to stand in front of the dragon and eat the fire breath full duration and he goes oom when the boss is at 70%.

Deadmines, the ogre boss with the firewall. I told everyone that he would do this at 50% and the mage, although was doing good dps, stood there and died to it and said "lol, that's not a slow moving firewall". We couldn't kill Foe Reaper because he couldn’t do the reaper properly either and we got annihilated by the adds.

Blackrock Caverns, the first boss this ret paladin did 2.8k dps to it over the course of about 1.5 minutes before we wiped. The top damaging skill: Exorcism.

Okay, that's about 3.5 hours spent in queue, and another 1.5 hours getting no where. A wasted night with nothing as a result.

I just really wish that some people would make the effort do some research and try to get gear by other means whether it be normal, rep grinding, AH or whatever before attempting something that is actually somewhat difficult instead of forcing themselves in thinking they can get carried.
Nothan

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:07 am

Haven't had a chance to do heroics (and might not before I get back to Germany in April, since from what I've been hearing of the difficulty level, my lag might prove insurmountable.) But my top boss dps on regulars has been ~11k (DW Frost DK w/1300ms latency at the best of times.) I don't see how people can have that low of a dps on what I'd assume is probably a better connection than I have. A lot of times, if I'm in a run, and I'm the top dpser... I worry.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby razul » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 pm

heh, I must be doing everything the hard way. In almost every heroic I've been in the dpsers average about 6k. I haven't really had many problems until the 3 dpsers combined drops below 16k. sadly this happens almost a third of the time....As much as I like topping the meters, maybe its time to find better people to run with...
razul

Previous

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons