Configuring Tidy Plates for better rounding up of adds

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Configuring Tidy Plates for better rounding up of adds

Postby makiwara » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Long time reader, first time poster here.

So I just had my first week of raiding Bastion, BWD, and Throne of The Four Winds and my most consistent problem was taunting accuracy on multiple adds. I had the most trouble with clicking an add, hitting my taunt or righteous defense, and then having the add do jack shit... as if it missed or something. (Yes, my hit is at 8% so that the taunts don't miss)

So I got tidy plates with the threatplates mod to help with my issues. I'm loving the mod except I have one issue:

There is no difference visually in the plates based on whether I have one targeted or not. A targeted add's plate looks the same as one that I'm not targetting and that messes with me somewhat. Other than that, the mod is a dream...

I have toyed with the mod quite a bit and haven't found a setting to help with this. Anyone have any advice? Also if there are any other recommended configuration changes to help out with rounding up multiple adds, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Would you like to come in for a cupcake and a glass of wine?
makiwara

Re: Configuring Tidy Plates for better rounding up of adds

Postby Dazhbog » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

There is an option to highlight the floating health bar of the mob you're targeting, although unfortunately I can't access the game right now to give you specific instructions. I remember finding it and playing with it, bit the giant floating aura of targeting distracted me more then it helped. I believe there's also a way to alter the alpha of the bar for the mob you're targeting.

Yeah, I know not the -most- helpful post ever >.> but the option is in fact there!
Dazhbog

Postby bldavis » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm

i used to use threat plates, but i now use tidyplates neon

brighter colors (duh) and you can set it to highlight your target
sadly i dont remember actually how i did it (was about 6 months ago) but ill take a look later tonight when i log in after family party

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby makiwara » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Fixed my targeted name plate issue. Still looking for additional advice on rounding up adds easier. Perhaps I'm simply missing something fundamental. Been tanking since the start of wrath, but lately it just seems like taunts just don't go off. :shrug: When I see packs going different directions my standard operation is: If I see one going its own direction, Single taunt it. If I see a couple going in the same direction, Righteous Defense. If there are leftovers, I use AS or Judge. If I'm desperate or miss an RD, I try to run in and HoTR a pack as skillfully as possible.
Would you like to come in for a cupcake and a glass of wine?
makiwara

Postby Menian » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 pm

sounds like you are doing all the standard stuff for rounding things up. I also agree with bldavis though. I use the neon tidyplates as I think it is cleaner and easier to see.
My friends are my sword...I am their shield
Menian

Postby Terlingua » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 am

TP is a great addon but I can't see the bars when I get in close. I'm not sure if it's the addon, my dwarf height or a setting I've missed, but for the better part of most boss fights, I never see the bars. My last tank was a Tauren and I don't remember having this problem. How do others handle being able to see?
Terlingua

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:14 am

for boss fights, esp raid bosses, are normally big enough that you dont need to see thier unit nameplates to be able to target on the fly

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 pm

Just a note, OP: Hit no longer has any effect on taunts. They cannot miss at all anymore.
Belloc

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros