Remove Advertisements

Twilight Ascendants (25 man)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Twilight Ascendants (25 man)

Postby Jonlo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:19 pm

I got the trinket from Tol Barad, and it makes a huge difference on the Flame Torrent.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Solanthanius » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 pm

My guild is having a problem with Ignacius sometimes not putting down a flame path to use for clearing waterlogged, leading to wipes.

Is this a positioning/range issue or something? Pretty annoying...
Solanthanius

Postby inthedrops » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Solanthanius wrote:My guild is having a problem with Ignacius sometimes not putting down a flame path to use for clearing waterlogged, leading to wipes.

I've seen this happen. Our best guess is that ranged was too close to him and need to be a little bit further. Just tank him slightly further out. Check my video I linked and you can see where I take him.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Rokh » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 am

I think the secret to this boss fight is P2. And it was mentioned in this thread, but not really stressed.

Make sure you P1 goes smooth of course, but the key is in P2

the key is in the earth boss shield.

dps both bosses like normal untill the air boss is at about 30%. then get the earth boss down to a similar level and wait around for a shield.

When he casts his bubble, burn it, and it deals about 10% hp to him when broken.

using this method, we started P3 with capt planet at a little over 22%hp, and it was a joke.
Rokh

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Wondering if Grounding Totem works for hydro lance? I mean it is kind of a projectile.. I'd definitly like to try it. It would be nice if you had one for both groups and then you wouldn't even have to worry about interupting hydro lance. For like an ele shaman its a dps loss, plus sometimes it is can just be plain difficult to get. I'm definitly going to tank ignacious this week :D.

I mean I got the second week of cata, but always try to learn new things. Also I'm totally going eye for an eye from now on in my tanking spec just for the little extra damage that it does :D.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 am

Hotfix made to make the lightning target ranged more than melee last night. Should be considerably easier now.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby sculder » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:12 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:sometimes it is can just be plain difficult to get.

If you've got a good fury warrior you can stick them on interrupts and they should happily agree due to the 5% bonus damage they'll be getting... The difficult one to get is the one that occurs right after the aoe, which can easily be grabbed by a mage, ele shaman, or an avenger's shield.
sculder

Postby Solanthanius » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 am

inthedrops wrote:
Solanthanius wrote:My guild is having a problem with Ignacius sometimes not putting down a flame path to use for clearing waterlogged, leading to wipes.

I've seen this happen. Our best guess is that ranged was too close to him and need to be a little bit further. Just tank him slightly further out. Check my video I linked and you can see where I take him.

Looks like this was correct:
If one of the three most distant targets from Ignacious was 20 or fewer yards away and Ignacious picked that target for Inferno Leap, the spell would fail entirely, but the cooldown would be consumed. Inferno Leap can now be cast on players 20 yards or fewer away from Ignacious.
Solanthanius

Postby Chunes » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

Even after the hotfix, my 10man was still experiencing this problem.
Chunes

Postby superworm » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 am

We're having problem with tank death when Terrestra casts his hardened skin. Currently we assigned 2 healers on the tank for Terrestra. I think we need either to assign more healers on Terrestra tank, or let the dps change target in advance to burn the shield more quickly. Any suggestions?
Another question is about the "Swirling Wind" and "Grounded" buff. Do tanks need to get that or not? I believe the tank for Terrestra can get grounded easily, however sometimes he had to run a large distance to reach the winds.
superworm

Postby Brutalus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 am

superworm wrote:Another question is about the "Swirling Wind" and "Grounded" buff. Do tanks need to get that or not? I believe the tank for Terrestra can get grounded easily, however sometimes he had to run a large distance to reach the winds.

We don't bother unless they're close - we found it easier to just keep the bosses in the middle of the room so that people tend to congregate there rather than close(ish) to a lightning conductor who is trying to get out of the raid.
Brutalus

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 am

I'm never on that boss so I can't say for sure but I'm also certain we interrupt Hardened Skin.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby sculder » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:12 am

inthedrops wrote:I'm never on that boss so I can't say for sure but I'm also certain we interrupt Hardened Skin.

Yes. If you don't interrupt (unless you want it to be cast for the strats outlined above) it will be a major dps loss on that target
sculder

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm

If your tank is dying to Harden Skin, try to get an interrupt rotation going on it. The hard part is P3, not P1 or P2. You can take all the time in the world you need for P2 (well, within reason)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 pm

inthedrops wrote:If your tank is dying to Harden Skin, try to get an interrupt rotation going on it. The hard part is P3, not P1 or P2. You can take all the time in the world you need for P2 (well, within reason)

As a bonus to your interrupters if they manage to interrupt Harden Skin, the boss wont cast a quake.
/faceroll p2

Also for P3, if you look closely you can see an animation pretty much like a static chainheal between the gravity crush people.
If you bop any one target, the others following in that chain (including the BoP target) will be released, If you do it on the very first person in the chain, the boss will stop casting completely.
Nomatter how fast you do it, the people who got picked will still fly up in the air and down again taking the falldmg.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)