Remove Advertisements

4.3 Item Enhancement Guide

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 4.0.3a Item Enhancement Guide

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

econ21 wrote:I decided to enchant all my gear today, as it is "heroic ready" and found this guide very useful. Unfortunately, most of the top tier enchants were not available on the AH as scrolls so I ended up going with lesser ones. In that spirit, it might be worth adding the savage armor kit to lists for the (5?) slots it can be applied. It did not seem a bad option for hands, chest and feet, until I can get the top tier ones (e.g. at +36 stamina, I think its better than the 275 hp chest enchant I think I used in wotlk). Heavy savage armor would have been better but was more expensive and I did not want to spend the gold for something I will either upgrade or enchant over.

Added the Savage Armor Kit. Thanks.
Digren

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 am

Hiroko wrote:There's an intermediate Twiglight Leg Armor: http://www.wowhead.com/item=56503
85 stam and 45 agility

Added. Thanks!
Digren

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 am

Rhiannon wrote:I know it's the weaker option, but you've omitted 50 mastery on gloves from your glove enchant section. Given that 65 mastery requires 2 x maelstrom crystals which are going to be extraordinarily rare for a few weeks, it's probably the next best non-profession specific alternative as far as survival-oriented enchant.

Added. Thanks!
Digren

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 am

Okay, up to date except for weapon enchants. I need to review the analysis and update my recommendations there.
Digren

Postby Protigy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 am

Digren wrote:Okay, up to date except for weapon enchants. I need to review the analysis and update my recommendations there.

This is coming from a small test during my daily heroic, but Mending over the course of a 2 minute end-of-dungeon heroic boss only healed for 8.8k total. My Seal of Insight did ~64k and each time I used a 3HoPo WoG, those were hitting for 20k+ a pop. Looking forward, I do not foresee myself ever considering the use of Mending compared to something that will provide static avoidance or +threat. Just wanted to mention this as you dive into your weapon enchant update. Thanks again for your hard work! :D
Protigy
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:36 am

Zarhym wrote:The gem cuts Timeless Nightstone, Jagged Jasper, and Solid Zephyrite can no longer create perfect versions of the cut.

Odd change, assume other tanking perfect cuts still exist.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Zalaria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 am

lythac wrote:
Zarhym wrote:The gem cuts Timeless Nightstone, Jagged Jasper, and Solid Zephyrite can no longer create perfect versions of the cut.

Odd change, assume other tanking perfect cuts still exist.

That's a "fix" for the JC dailies that require you to cut gems. Those three cuts are used in the dailies, and when they proc perfects you have to cut another since it requires the normal cuts.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 am

Unless they took the existing Perfect Solid Zephyrites out of the game, I'll leave them on the list for now. I've noted that they are no longer possible to create.
Digren

Postby steadypal » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 pm

hrm dangit my wrath belt buckle wont even apply onto my green belt upgrade from questing, wth
steadypal

Postby Digren » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

steadypal wrote:hrm dangit my wrath belt buckle wont even apply onto my green belt upgrade from questing, wth

Ooh yeah that's right. Stealth nerf from .. Friday? .. now you have to use the new special belt buckle.

I need to update that.
Digren

Postby Boèndal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Are there any news regarding the BV meta gem? I got this stone helm from Maloriak today and can't decide which to choose if its not bugged any more.
Boèndal

Postby raistlin212 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Nvm, math was bad.
Last edited by raistlin212 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
raistlin212

Postby RedAces » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 am

Boèndal wrote:Are there any news regarding the BV meta gem? I got this stone helm from Maloriak today and can't decide which to choose if its not bugged any more.

This meta is still bugged on EU-Servers. I have it in this helm and the block tooltip shows "Stops 31% incoming damage".

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 am

raistlin212 wrote:I brought this up at the EJ prot thread but for shields the armor enchant is a higher net damage reduction then the block enchant. There's been some math done but 160 armor is just better then 36 mastery at preventing damage in the long run. I know block cap is the "holy grail" but this one has a high opportunity cost.

Something seemed fishy about that when I first read Wrathblood's coefficients, and now that I've sat down and worked it out, I'm fairly certain it's wrong. I'll save the gory details for AT&C, but here's the net result:

Theck wrote:In any event, given this, 1 armor should be equivalent to ~1/7 a point of mastery, or 0.143 (14.3% as effective), rather than the 0.35 that Wrathblood found. On the other hand, in terms of itemization, it seems that you get 4 armor for every ipoint (trinkets give 1285 armor, 321 mastery/agi/etc., or 482 stam), making it 57.14% as good as mastery in terms of raw itemization. Thus, a mastery trinket should be better than an armor trinket in most cases (i.e. for blockable damage), ignoring on-use effects.

Considering the 160 armor enchant in this light, it's worth about 160/7 = 23 mastery, which is less than the 36 afforded by the Blocking enchant.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Amonet » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I was wondering. In the guide it says for example for a yellow gem "20 master 30 stam if the socket bonus is good". What is considered good, what's considered bad? E.g. is 20 parry good if you have 1 red and 1 blue? And 10 mastery if one red?

Mastery seems pretty awesome, so I'll be going for most yellow slots anyways, but for the red I'd have to take parry, which I don't like that much.

Anything that's "proven" to be best for when to gem what?

Thx in advance
Amonet

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice