Remove Advertisements

[10man] Argaloth

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10man] Argaloth

Postby maurok » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 pm

My raid group just got 10 ppl, some of them dinged 85 last few days, but 2 healers are sort of well geared already.
my problem with this fight is :
1) the second tank is still with lots of greens/300~325 blues, it seems that only dps gear drops to him =[
2) some dpsers are still doing low dps (like 7~8k on raid) probably from lack of hit, so we will probably hit the enrage

My question is:
Is it possible to single tank him? can I just run though him on the meteor slash and avoid it?

if the second answer is a positive, I can just run through him and make him slash on group at a time (instead of a second tank taunting). that will both give the group extra dps to beat the enrage, and also will have a better geared tank all the time, saving healers mana.

thoughts?
maurok

Re: [10man] Argaloth

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

You could move him and make him slash opposite groups, but your stacks would still build to unsurvivable levels. This is a two tank fight and I don't think you're going to get around it.

Your other tank may only be receiving DPS gear from instances, but that says nothing about Justice Point gear or crafted gear. If he's not getting geared up, it's probably because he's not trying.

If you honestly don't think your other tank can survive, you could try this tactic: You tank the boss the majority of the time. Meteor slash is on a timer, so when it is about to hit, your other tank taunts, takes a melee hit or two, plus the slash, and then you taunt back. Bam, problem solved.

Best of luck!
Belloc

Re: [10man] Argaloth

Postby Treck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Belloc wrote:If you honestly don't think your other tank can survive, you could try this tactic: You tank the boss the majority of the time. Meteor slash is on a timer, so when it is about to hit, your other tank taunts, takes a melee hit or two, plus the slash, and then you taunt back. Bam, problem solved.

This. I think its even a cast, so whenever hes casting the other tank taunts, and you just taunt back asap, and he hits really weak on a tank, so he wont one or twoshot the other person, as long as hes wearing plate that is.
Treck

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)