Macro issues

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro issues

Postby Kanta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Hiya, MTadin!

I was having a problem with a macro that I shouldn't be having and I was hoping to get your collective opinion on it to see what it is I'm doing wrong. Problem is I can't get the modifier to work on my macros on my pally, but they work fine on my rogue. example:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Crusader Strike; [mod:shift] Hammer of the Righteous

bound to the 1 key on my pally. when I press 1, it does CS. When I hold shift, the icon and tooltip change just like they should. While holding shift and pressing 1, nothing happens at all.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Envenom; [mod:shift] Rupture [mod:alt] Slice and Dice

bound to the 3 key on my rogue. works exactly as it is supposed to on my rogue, so I don't think I have anything wrong specifically with my client, but what gives?

Thanks!
Kanta

Re: Macro issues

Postby d503 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Check your Keybindings to make sure that Shift+1 isn't bound to another function. IIRC, it has a default binding that it's stuck to. You'd need to remove that.
d503

Re: Macro issues

Postby Kanta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 pm

That was it, thanks! apparently Shift+1 is page action bar to #1, so it just looked like nothing was happening
Kanta

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros