Remove Advertisements

Cata Heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Cata Heroics

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 am

Worldie wrote:I wouldnt rate SFK as "hard", it's quite easy assuming you skip the 3rd boss.

The 3rd boss isn't hard if your DPS is sufficient. That fight is a DPS check and I'm not sure how people are failing it =/
Belloc

Postby Faro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am

Belloc wrote:
Worldie wrote:I wouldnt rate SFK as "hard", it's quite easy assuming you skip the 3rd boss.

The 3rd boss isn't hard if your DPS is sufficient. That fight is a DPS check and I'm not sure how people are failing it =/

They're probably just not interrupting the adds which is a huge part of the fight. Or standing in desecration. It's very hard to see the desecration because of stair clipping depending on where you place him. It's also damn near impossible to get pugs to kick anything without threating to kick them first.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby inthedrops » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I am somewhat disconcerted by how quickly you can go back to AoEing everything again.

I started to notice this a well. Not ALL zones are subject to this (stonecore adds still hurt without good CC) but there are a lot more packs now I don't bother to CC than one week ago.

Could just be familiarity too.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 am

I did my first heroic last night, and got Grim Batol. We couldn't get past the forgemaster. Playing my druid healer, I just couldn't seem to heal fast enough to keep everyone in a decent range to avoid death. Myself in particular, I seemed to die, a lot.

I think there are two main issues with that fight. One is the boss spins that damn shield so much. And you can't stand under him either, you really have to be behind him. The other thing is the dual-swords debuff he does on the tank. The healer has to choose between cleansing or healing...

Any pointers here?
Palisade

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:45 am

Is the tank using CDs as necessary?

That's actually one of my favourite fights in heroics right now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:Is the tank using CDs as necessary?

Not certain. It was a pug warrior, who had cleared the place more than once and had pretty good gear. He was in mostly i346 gear. I assume he was using CDs, but don't really know enough about warriors to say either way.
Palisade

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 am

Palisade wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Is the tank using CDs as necessary?

Not certain. It was a pug warrior, who had cleared the place more than once and had pretty good gear. He was in mostly i346 gear. I assume he was using CDs, but don't really know enough about warriors to say either way.

Well, not sure if this solves your immediate problem, but something like Deadly Boss Mods will actually alert you when someone is using a cooldown (this may only work if they have it installed). Alternatively, you could set up Power Auras to tell you.

That being said, next time you could ask the tank to use a particular cooldown on a certain phase. That double weapons attack is usually pretty painful and I'll blow AD and bubble wall on it. You could ask them to save shield wall for that particular phase.

Personally, I find I'm using my cooldowns often and FREQUENTLY in heroics at the moment. You could (politely) ask tanks you're healing to do the same, if only to make it a smoother run.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 pm

I agree with Nika

Heroics are fun right now because of the pressure and it really gives you a chance to use all your cooldowns often and have them make a difference. I pop everything in sequence starting with GOTAK > DP > AD > AW+HR - helps make up for my 9% dodge and 11% parry :lol:

Give us another couple weeks of gear and we will be back to aoe tanking everything cos it's faster.

I had a few healing bits from heroics so decided to go see how hard paladins are... wow - even after the Holy Light hotfix (no longer generates holy power) it's sooo much fun, I love popping wrath and Holy radiance with Light of dawn :shock:
Sarutankah

Postby Xequecal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Belloc wrote:

You can pull Springvale all the way into the courtyard. No adds except the two that start with him, lots of room to move around, no invisible D&D, very very easy.
Xequecal

Postby Forgrim » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 am

Grim Batol is by far the hardest heroic. That last boss is no joke without good dps.

How do other groups handle the HoO first boss' two lever pull? I managed to heal a PUG that decided to do go as a full group to each lever, but my healing got extremely strained doing that.
Forgrim

Postby Njall » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:04 am

Much bitching in guild chat about how hard the heroics are. Personally, I wonder how much CC is going down or standing in fire.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Njall wrote:Much bitching in guild chat about how hard the heroics are. Personally, I wonder how much CC is going down or standing in fire.

I had a friend complaining about similar stuff ... and their group had 1 CC (mage). Don't get it. Perhaps their tank sucked. :D
Kelaan

Postby Njall » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Njall wrote:Much bitching in guild chat about how hard the heroics are. Personally, I wonder how much CC is going down or standing in fire.

I had a friend complaining about similar stuff ... and their group had 1 CC (mage). Don't get it. Perhaps their tank sucked. :D

I wasn't there so I can't comment but there's a few fairly sloppy DPS in guild. Or at least, DPS that have gotten lazy with WoLK's aoe lolfests. Heck, I had a mage refuse point-blank in Vortex Pinnacle to do any sheeping. Sometimes lowering your DPS speeds things up. As Brann is my hero, I would LOVE to beat that into a few heads.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Njall wrote:
Kelaan wrote:

I wasn't there so I can't comment but there's a few fairly sloppy DPS in guild. Or at least, DPS that have gotten lazy with WoLK's aoe lolfests. Heck, I had a mage refuse point-blank in Vortex Pinnacle to do any sheeping. Sometimes lowering your DPS speeds things up. As Brann is my hero, I would LOVE to beat that into a few heads.

Refusing to sheep as a mage = instant vote kick.
Belloc

Postby Njall » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Belloc wrote:Refusing to sheep as a mage = instant vote kick.

It didn't pass. I nearly dropped group but that cut against the grain too much for me to do it.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons