Remove Advertisements

Dropping Sacred Duty for my AoE spec?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Dropping Sacred Duty for my AoE spec?

Postby Gaxby » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm

First, let me just say that both my specs are Prot: One for AoE and one for single target.

My question is: How practical is it to drop Sacred Duty for my AoE spec if I never use SotR for AoE tanking.

In theory, it makes sense. You don't use Judgement all that much when AoE tanking (except pulling), but even if Sacred Duty does proc, you almost never follow it up with SotR. Instead you use Word of Glory or Inquisition for more AoE DPS.

I know that SD is second best single target DPS talent, but for my AoE spec, if I never use it, why take it? How is this practically speaking?
Gaxby, Energizer Pally of Grim Batol
Gaxby

Re: Dropping Sacred Duty for my AoE spec?

Postby Torquemada » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:27 pm

I generally found myself in a hardcore enough raid guild that I needed two tanking specs. Since the advent of dual specs, I've always gone DPS when we had too many tanks or were short on DPS. As such, YMMV. However, I do find that I use SotR on AoE pulls, albeit usually at the end when there are 1-2 mobs left. The real question is, what would you take up instead? If you're looking to pick up Hallowed Ground, you might as well drop the points from PoJ.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Return to Basic Training & Talents