Remove Advertisements

Feral cat/bear Talk

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Feral cat/bear Talk

Postby Astronomic » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 am

Bear notes------
. So as a bear i have noticed that I have about 2k less armor than plate classes but about 2% more avoidance and savage defense is still a beast. granted that 2% could just be my night elf racial :P

. The Swipe/thrash combo is really good at aoe agro now but you hafta be careful as to where CC'd targets are.

. I fully expect bear mangle to be nerfed because it is sooooooo powerful. 20k + dps on 3rd boss of SFK after zerk, and about 6-8k normally.

. Skull bash works very well on certainboss/mobs for interupts with its somewhat reduced cooldown

. I find myself using defensive CDs like survival instincts and frenzied regen on trash as well

Cat notes-----
. Rotaion is almost the same except rip is now priority over savage roar. and under i think 25% (dont remember off top of head) use ferocious bite to refresh the rip

. Mastery is awsome. on raid boss rip + rake was 56% of my damage and each point of mastery increases bleed damage by 3.1% so each point of mastery is 1.736% increase in damage output. and it will only get better as we gain more AP/Crit/Haste through gear.

. With energy regen now being effected by haste i would also say this is a pretty decent secondary stat. nice that Hero/Timewarp actually boost damage more than just faster melee swings

. While doing tol barad ive noticed that unless theres a healer or target has significant self healz, mangle+rake + 5combo point rip will kill most ppl, just run away after those have been applied unless u have other targets. when surrounded bear form zerk is the shit.

. remember we can CC alot of melee with roots in dungeons and grim batol has a lot of dragonkin that like to take a nap
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Re: Feral cat/bear Talk

Postby Veshzan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am

Our bear tank (in 25m) is pulling 12k+ dps on non-gimmicky movement fights.
Veshzan

Re: Feral cat/bear Talk

Postby Astronomic » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 pm

ya and i think in 10 man tol barad boss our pally tanks were doin ~6k so... ya

New PvP season today, already got my relic + shoulders + gloves, came out to exactly 4k honor and i am using last season's allaince trinket
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes