Any chance of a Cata 5-mans/heroics sub-forum?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Any chance of a Cata 5-mans/heroics sub-forum?

Postby econ21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:51 am

It would be good if we could have a sub-forum devoted to Cataclysm 5-mans and heroics. There is a 5-man/heroics sub-forum now, but it is under a "classics" heading and pretty dead. (It could always be moved out of that heading, I guess.) An alternative home for new posts would be the "general strats" sub-forum but that is not a very obvious place to look. Without a dedicated forum, a fear posts might be dispersed across the general discussion forum, the 5-man/heroics classics one and the general strategy one.

I know there are not many (7?) new 5-mans and that this community tends to focus on raids (which also need a new sub-forum for Cata). However, it sounds like the gearing up for raids through 5 mans, then heroics, might be a less trivial process than we were used to from Wotlk. If the content is not enough to justify the new sub-forum, it could always be merged into another at a later date.

If staff don't want to create a new forum, a steer for where to post would still be helpful as I suspect people will want to talk about them soon.
econ21

Re: Any chance of a Cata 5-mans/heroics sub-forum?

Postby Digren » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 am

I'm not sure how much strategy discussion there will be about the 5 man encounters. Other content regarding them is merely "what gear should I get to move through them", and that goes in the gear sub forum. (Indeed, I think more than half the content in the gear sub forum relates to five-man content.)

Five man strat -> General strat forum (maybe with a subtitle that mentions dungeons?)
Five man gear -> Gear forum
Digren

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 am

I'll chime in and support econ's suggestion for a dedicated 5-man Cata section. Probably as a sub-forum to General Strat.

During the coming month it'll be what us (scrubs like me or marginally better) second and third tier tanks see. After that I guess raiding guilds will have their raiding in order, which should see their alts raiding in PUGs. At that time the sub-section could pretty much be considered an archive for old content, only to get upgraded when someone identifies a major change from a patch.

Gear dropped should, as Digren said, be handled in the gear section.
yappo

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:58 am

We don't have t11 raid forums either yet, which would be great.
Rhiannon

Postby Barathorn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 am

Both are being looked into now for you, more news to follow about them from a higher power.

/salute

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Amirya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Barathorn wrote:Both are being looked into now for you, more news to follow about them from a higher power.

/salute

Barathorn.

So much for putting you on a pedestal, sir.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:12 pm

You just wanted to look up his Tier 10 anyway.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Return to General