Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Seal/Judge Macros and their problems

Postby cordelia » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:53 pm

So, at first I used the simple Seal/Judge macro:
Code: Select all
/cast Judgment
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Righteousness

As many of you know, this results in re-casting the seal if you happen to hit it before you want to judge, wasting mana and a GCD. So spam judging right before you want to judge doesn't work.

So I switched to the advanced Seal/Judge macro:

/castsequence reset=30 Seal of Righteousness, Judgment

Well, what happens then?
If I up SoR before the pull, then JoR, then up SoR for 8 seconds, then want to Judge Wisdom or Crusader, it breaks.
Why? Because after SoW is upped, then judged, then the SoR macro will not re-up the seal. The macro still expects to be able to judge an existing seal, since SoR was never judged. And it will not allow you to re-up SoR for another 22 seconds.

So, I decided to change the reset timer: reset=9. Well, now I can pull via SoR/JoR/SoR... SoW/JoW... SoR... and it works. But now I have two other problems: (1) If I up SoR before my pull, and use up more than 9 seconds before the mob gets to me(often happens on long pulls), I end up re-upping SoR, wasting both mana and seconds in order to get the initial judgment in. (2) If during a fight, I take longer than 9 seconds to judge, then I have to re-up SoR before JoR can take place, wasting both mana, and GCD, again.

Any ideas besides going back and using a separate judgment button?
cordelia

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:46 pm

I personally only use the first macro. it means watching your timers but its simple and its never been problematic for me. In a fight like maiden I just spam the actual judge/seal buttson rather than my macro.
Zhalseran

Postby adese » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 am

cordelia wrote:Any ideas besides going back and using a separate judgment button?

It's for problems like these that I've never used any of the judgement macros - they just aren't very flexible. If you ever want to do something other than what they were designed for, you have to go back to just using the spells normally. Since this would require the normal spells to be on my bars anyway, I just forgo the macros and just use the spells when I want to.

I'd like to use macros to make things a bit easier, however the loss of flexibility is a deal breaker for me.
adese

Postby jere » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:41 am

The only macros I use related to seals are ones to make my action bar buttons each house 2 seals:

Button 6 -> SoW (SHIFT + 6 is SoL) Macro
Button 9 -> SoR (SHIFT + 9 is SotC) Macro
Button - -> SoV (SHIFT + - is SoJ) Macro

I could probably get more creative in how I lay it out, but I never tie judgement to my seal macros, so I have some flexibility.
jere

Postby s4dfish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:37 am

I used to use the macro you listed first, 2.3 broke it. Judgement used to reset any macro that was at the Judgement step, now it only does that for the specific macro you press. I'm wondering if some combination of the two would work...
#showtooltip Seal of Righteousness
/cast Judgment
/castsequence reset=10 Seal of Righteousness, Judgment
You'd still get the same benefit of Judging and reapplying the Seal, but the castsequence should keep you from reapplying the seal before Judgment is off cooldown. You'll lose the visual indicator off cooldown but you could simply enable the SCT to alert you when Judgment is available. Reset=10 will prevent you from hanging at the judgement step, which isnt' a big deal as the cast sequence is only there to keep you from resealing.

Might work, will experiment with it tonight.
s4dfish

Postby Tenkiller » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:48 am

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... highlight=

I've heard that this will be fixed in the next patch. In the meantime, the reset suggestion works well enough.

/castsequence reset=30/ctrl Seal of Righteousness, Judgement
Tenkiller

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:50 am

I use

/castsequence reset=30/alt seal of whatever, judgement

So I have Sor/Judgement on 4. If i use my Jow macro and my sor breaks, I hold down alt-4 and it's reset.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkellian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Might try this. Left-click for normal sequence, right-click to re-seal. Helpful in PvP when you get purged. Note that the normal sequence resets in 28 seconds to account for the global cooldown of 1.5 sec.

I'm waiting for Blizzard to allow [button:2] to be used for resetting.

#show
#showtootip
/cast [button:2] Seal of Righteousness
/stopmacro [button:2]
/castsequence reset=28/alt Seal of Righteousness, Judgement
Arkellian

Postby SmurfZG » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Arkellian wrote:Might try this. Left-click for normal sequence, right-click to re-seal. Helpful in PvP when you get purged. Note that the normal sequence resets in 28 seconds to account for the global cooldown of 1.5 sec.

I'm waiting for Blizzard to allow [button:2] to be used for resetting.

#show
#showtootip
/cast [button:2] Seal of Righteousness
/stopmacro [button:2]
/castsequence reset=28/alt Seal of Righteousness, Judgement

that would make it a clicker though...
SmurfZG

Postby s4dfish » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:50 pm

s4dfish wrote:
#showtooltip Seal of Righteousness
/cast Judgment
/castsequence reset=10 Seal of Righteousness, Judgment
This seems to work fairly well, though I'd set the reset at a second under you judgement cooldown as it occasionally will not cast SoR in the same press so you have to mash, the shorter reset should keep you from missing refreshes.
s4dfish

Postby Ereur » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:11 pm

I'm a mouse clicker, got into the habit from healing with grid and clique and cant break it, so this wont help most people but anyway here's what I do I use the second macro you listed and I use bongos set up and alt bar set to shift with the same seal underneath. If I swap seals and the macro breaks just press shift and then click the non macro seal.

Now that I think about it, no macro guru by any stretch of the imagination, you could probably accomplish the same thing by adding a modifier directly into your macro, makes sense to me that this would work but a lot of things make sense to me that don't really work out the way I see them, so who knows.
Ereur

Postby Arkellian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:08 pm

SmurfZG wrote:that would make it a clicker though...

I have seals on function keys, so when I'm spamming F1 keypresses, I find it awkward to reach for ALT F1 to reset it. Can't do that for F4 either! Instead I right-cick the icon and coontinue spamming the keypresses.

My main actionbar is full, and I've been using this setup for a couple of years so I can't change.
Arkellian

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros