Remove Advertisements

Glowing hand RD/BoP macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Glowing hand RD/BoP macro

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am

I've been looking for a macro that will allow me to get the spell ready on my mouse for a quick click regardless of what target I have. At the moment I have RD bound to my G key and hit G->F as a taunt, but This might become an issue sometimes when theres target rotation from certain mobs or bosses. Same with BoP, I just get messed up, or if the target just died (squishy mages ftl) it will bubble myself creating more chaos..

I believe its called the tooltip, and I just cant figure out how to get the macro to work with it regardless of my target hostily :?
Dynaheir

Postby Arkellian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:25 pm

Probably want to try Clique. You can then tie clicks and keypresses to casts (no need for spell to be on a bar) or macros.

Personally I just use the following macro:

#show
#showtooltip
/cast [target=targettarget,help][target=target,help] Righteous Defense
/stopcasting

I right-click to self-cast spells on myself so:
#show
#showtooltip
/cast [target=player,button:2] Blessing of Protection
/stopmacro [button:2]
/cast [target=targettarget,help][target=target,help] Blessing of Protection
Arkellian

Re: Glowing hand RD/BoP macro

Postby SmurfZG » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:57 pm

Dynaheir wrote:I've been looking for a macro that will allow me to get the spell ready on my mouse for a quick click regardless of what target I have. At the moment I have RD bound to my G key and hit G->F as a taunt, but This might become an issue sometimes when theres target rotation from certain mobs or bosses. Same with BoP, I just get messed up, or if the target just died (squishy mages ftl) it will bubble myself creating more chaos..

I believe its called the tooltip, and I just cant figure out how to get the macro to work with it regardless of my target hostily :?

Code: Select all
/cast [target=player] Righteous Defense

will do this
Last edited by SmurfZG on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SmurfZG

Postby Dianora » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Arkellian wrote:Probably want to try Clique. You can then tie clicks and keypresses to casts (no need for spell to be on a bar) or macros.

#show
#showtooltip
/stopcasting

#show
#showtooltip

I'm a mixture of Healadin and Tankadin (depending on whether my guild is short on during the raid cycle). I use Grid/Clique extensively during my Healadin days, with the middle mouse button mapped to Cleanse. I've since mapped Blessing of Protection to Alt-middle mouse (PVP), Shift-MM to Righteous Defense, CTRL-MM Blessing of Freedom. And the rest is history.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby lusisia » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Dianora wrote:
Arkellian wrote:Probably want to try Clique. You can then tie clicks and keypresses to casts (no need for spell to be on a bar) or macros.

#show
#showtooltip
/stopcasting

#show
#showtooltip

I'm a mixture of Healadin and Tankadin (depending on whether my guild is short on during the raid cycle). I use Grid/Clique extensively during my Healadin days, with the middle mouse button mapped to Cleanse. I've since mapped Blessing of Protection to Alt-middle mouse (PVP), Shift-MM to Righteous Defense, CTRL-MM Blessing of Freedom. And the rest is history.

I <3 grid+glique when I have to heal but I don't think I would ever bind anything other than heals or BoF. I can't see how people get by without Decursive. It takes up minimal UI space even in 40-man situations and frankly rocks my socks for cleansing/purging.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros