Remove Advertisements

Soloing in 4.01

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Soloing in 4.01

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Here's hoping, I was hoping for more level 85 premade Paladin soloing from the beta but haven't seen much at all.

Raegwyn's effort was pretty epic, looking forward to having a crack once I hit 85.
Sarutankah

Postby Tinneas » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 am

Thought I'd post that I was able to solo all of MC last night except Ragnaros. I had a lot of problem w/ fall damage on him and need to figure out a better place to position so that I take less. I did it all in my 4.8k gearscore (I know, I'm awesome) tanking gear and WoG spec. Gehennas was a real problem, as others have said.

Soloed Kharazhan a few nights ago. Skipped Nightbane and the summonable dragon (don't have the quest). Chess was very challenging, but everything else was easy.

Kael in H-Magister's Terrace is more challenging due to his pyroblasts and preparing w/ bubble/AD else dying (at my hit points?). Still, he's on farm now too until he drops his chicken and phoenix pet.

Soloed all of the heroic 5man dungeons in Outland last week for the achievement. I made my paladin in WotLK so going back to get some old achieves.

Next up after MC is AQ10. I realize I'm late to the show, but I haven't seen this content in ~5 years and it's pretty fun revisiting it at my own pace. Be easier if my paladin was better geared though I suspect.

Any tips for Ragnaros? I searched around the forums and didn't find much specifically.
Tinneas

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:57 am

It's generally advised that you go ret to kill Kael'thas. Honestly, I don't think you should be taking long enough to see a pyroblast either way, but I don't remember if I ever tried to prot him down.
Belloc

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Tinneas wrote:Thought I'd post that I was able to solo all of MC last night except Ragnaros. I had a lot of problem w/ fall damage on him and need to figure out a better place to position so that I take less. I did it all in my 4.8k gearscore (I know, I'm awesome) tanking gear and WoG spec. Gehennas was a real problem, as others have said.

Any tips for Ragnaros? I searched around the forums and didn't find much specifically.

Stand so that when he knocks you back... you fall in lava :)

Only started doing this because my druid was having real problems but since I changed to land in lava it's easy win.

As for KT - just use ret gear as prot spec, I don't even see phoenix these days and my ret gear is very average.
Sarutankah

Previous

Return to General Strats