Remove Advertisements

A problem with Divine Protection duration in some addons

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

A problem with Divine Protection duration in some addons

Postby Loras » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Greetings. Since the paladin class overhaul, I've been having a problem with addons disaplying the duration of my Divine Protection, at least Forte Xorcist (Paladin) and Power Auras. The problem is, that in certain situations, the addons consider DP as a 12-sec buff and not taking into consideration the new 10-sec duration. The odd thing is, they just "mix" the durations, like, in my Power Auras DP string, there's a timer enabled together with the visualization of the buff, the timer starts the countdown at 12, but disappears at 2. Same for Forte Xorcist. Thanks to it's crappy non-described options I had to try all kinds of stuff in order to get the result I wanted, but to no success. Either it puts a single 12-sec bar for DP, or puts 2 bars together, one of them is 12-sec long, the other is 10 sec. What the... :)

Any help would be appreciated, even if it means telling me I'm an idiot for not realizing what option A/B/C does, as long as I can solve that :) Cheers.
Loras

Re: A problem with Divine Protection duration in some addons

Postby inthedrops » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

You're not an idiot. You should submit a defect report for the addon wherever appropriate.

They need to update their code to reflect the changes. There won't be any options to fix it if they're showing 12 seconds still. And the reason it "dissapears" at 2 is that the addon has realized the debuff went away and killed the associated display item for it.

For ForteXorcist you can fix the problem yourself manually. Locate the Forte_Paladin folder, then open up Forte_Paladin.lua. You'll find a record that looks like this:

Code: Select all
ST:RegisterSpell(  498, 0, 012, 0, ST.DEFAULT); -- Divine Protection

Change it to this:

Code: Select all
ST:RegisterSpell(  498, 0, 010, 0, ST.DEFAULT); -- Divine Protection

Power Auras probably has a similar file with a value to change somewhere.

But be sure to submit the bug report so they fix it for good.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros