Remove Advertisements

Play with unadopted cats over the internet

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Play with unadopted cats over the internet

Postby mew » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:03 pm

More shelters should have this, I think it's a cute idea (much better than all of those useless ones people have where you can turn their lights on and off). You have to use internet explorer to do it and it asks you to install something :( I didn't install it and thus wasn't able to play with the cats, but if you open it in IE you can still watch other people using the internet catroom control.
http://www.oregonhumane.org/playroom/

Edit: Apparently you can view it just fine in Crome but you can't "Play Now" unless you are in IE.
Last edited by mew on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
mew

Re: Play with unadopted cats over the internet

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm at work but I'll have to try it out... on a side note your dogs sig is memorizing
Rachmaninoff

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:07 pm

That dog sig is amazing.
Belloc

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

This is probably the first thing I have ever come across on the internet that has made me want to install Silverlight.

EDIT: Once I installed that, it works just fine in Chrome for me.
EDIT EDIT: Whoops, you can view the cam, but you can't click the "Let's Play" button unless you're in IE.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I played with the kitties =]
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby lythac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 pm

OMG A KITTEH JUST CAME UP TO THE CAM!!!!

SQUEE!!!
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Kitties are sleeping, all tired from playinggggg oh man

I got one to play with the snake a bit but then he went back to sleep. oh my god so cute
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Gorlando » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Now I want to drive to Oregon and adopt all of them. :(
Gorlando

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 am

While this whole concept is absolutely amazing, when Invis and I were watching it, some asshat controlling it decided to pan over the HUMANS fiddling around the cage, and not the cats. :roll:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 am

/bows.

Earthlings are such foolish creatures.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Koatanga » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:04 pm

My first thought was "what a great idea - I can play with kitties in the other hemisphere". Then I thought of what my world would be like if I lived in a room where things moved around at random intervals all day and all night, and I had a sad.

I hope those toys are disabled at times so those kittens can get some sleep. Take the "a human is controlling this" aspect out of it, and there is no way putting a cat in a room where robotic arms swung snake things all day and all night would be considered humane.

The cats can't see a human controlling it - from their perspective it's just robotic arms waving things.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm

apperently when i clicked the link i had just missed chow time and they are all sleeping

CURSE YOU ALLERGIES! if it wasnt for you id be able to have a kitteh!

on a side not, i used to like about 5 blocks from one of thier shelters in Portland

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby mew » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Koatanga wrote:My first thought was "what a great idea - I can play with kitties in the other hemisphere". Then I thought of what my world would be like if I lived in a room where things moved around at random intervals all day and all night, and I had a sad.

I hope those toys are disabled at times so those kittens can get some sleep. Take the "a human is controlling this" aspect out of it, and there is no way putting a cat in a room where robotic arms swung snake things all day and all night would be considered humane.

The cats can't see a human controlling it - from their perspective it's just robotic arms waving things.

I had that thought too at some point when one of the cats jumped because it got scared when of one of the toys moved and touched it as it was walking past. I'm sure they have to turn the lights off for the cats at some hours so they probably turn the objects off too I assume? Or no one would play with them because they couldn't see anything anyways.
But I don't think the lack of knowledge of a human controlling it is a big deal.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 pm

If you guys read the website they only let you use the robotics during visiting hours, so like 8-AM to 6 PM or something like that.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Koatanga » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

I logged in during my evening, which is 3 hours behind Portland time (and a day ahead, but let's not split hairs), so it would have been around 11-12 at night. The camera has IR as well so you can see them at all hours. Toys were active.

Either the camera makes enough noise for them to notice, or has a light on it. When I first took over the controls (thinking how cool it all was and not thinking that it was the middle of the night there), all I had was a blue box for the video. I hit the camera control buttons, but no change. So I refreshed the site and did it again, and when I logged in one of the kittens was staring at the camera. Either he does that all night, something made him look at the camera.

I hit the toy buttons, as one would when running accross a new toy, but the kittens had no interest in playing. That's when I got that "Oh, I woke you guys up, didn't I" feeling. Then I realised that they would probably get woken up a lot, and have the damn toys waved at them all the time.

That's when I got a bit sad and came to the conclusion it's not a good idea after all.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum