New Buffy Movie Planned

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: New Buffy Movie Planned

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:54 am

Whedon's kinda like Tarantino, in that their writing is often pretty cheesy and unrealistic if you think about it too much, but it works in context.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Tenaka » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:08 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Whedon's kinda like Tarantino, in that their writing is often pretty cheesy and unrealistic if you think about it too much, but it works in context.

Which I find amusing because I've always found you are supposed to like Tarantino's films purely because they are his films, and he is cool, apparently.

Hence I recall leaving the cinema after end of Kill Bill 2 hearing my friend go on about how fantastic it was and responding that if the guy put one of his turds on a plate, the human race would worship it.

I would give a new buffy film the time of day but being a big fan of the series I don't think it would be fair to say I could make an unbiased comparison. It will not be as good, but I will still watch it.
Tenaka

Postby Zonzede » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:35 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Tarantino

I have never been so divided on my own opinion than with Tarantino.
Every time I watch a movie of his, throughout most of the film I'm bored or frustrated with it. Terrible pacing, things I can't imagine anybody cares about, a 10 minute montage of him masturbating to how much he knows about movies. Then there will be an absolutely brilliant scene that forces me to forgive everything I held against it to that point, only to disappoint me the rest of the ride. I swear him off, but then the next movie comes out and I'm right back in the theater knowing exactly how it's all going to go down.
It's all so confusing.

Reservoir Dogs being the exception to the above. I found it quite palatable almost all of the way.
Zonzede

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Whedon's kinda like Tarantino, in that their writing is often pretty cheesy and unrealistic if you think about it too much, but it works in context.

They do not write people, but dialog.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum