Beefadin: Endurance vs. Magic Resistance

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beefadin: Endurance vs. Magic Resistance

Postby heuvarius » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 pm

It has to be a female cow!

I'm rather enjoying the thematically stronger race. I feel less likely to snap in half when a giant dragon beat on me with their claw.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby Brightsong » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:54 pm

The arcane resistance does stack with buffs.

My mage has 25% arcane mitigation just from mage armor and the racial. Combined with 40% damage reduction from high resil, and I can take two or three hits from those keyboard turning gnomes hiding in bushes in a BG.
Brightsong

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:39 am

That must be a bug, as my Shadow Resistance doesn't stack with my Resistance aura.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:15 pm

I just like the bigger weapons and shields, and well Tauren were always cool in my book.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby twinkfist » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 am

i've been leveling my human pally alt...i love the pally..and while doing some bg's i've run across some Tauren..prot and ret...that have been a real treat to fight against...and they look like a blast. i'm almost thinking of making my main, which is a draenei pally, a tauren pally because they are that awesome looking.
twinkfist

Postby Chicken » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 am

Worldie wrote:That must be a bug, as my Shadow Resistance doesn't stack with my Resistance aura.
It stacking with Mage Armor should be intended. Mostly from the Mage Armor side, as Mage Armor stacks with all other methods of increasing resistance as well; if you had an arcane mage back in the day of Naxxramas they could actually prevent you from getting the achievement for Sapphiron just from talents + mage armor.
Chicken

Postby Shathus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 am

This probably doesn't affect most people on the board/reading this thread, but don't forget to consider other specs. If you ever end up Holy for a fight, the mana back from Arcane Torrent IS useful. Ret is probably a wash since they have Rebuke anyways.

One could make another argument for Arcane Torrent of a situation when another set of adds got pulled, you need to drop consecration, and you don't have hallowed ground and need to get a little mana back w/o missing a GCD.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 am

Vanifae wrote:I just like the bigger weapons and shields, and well Tauren were always cool in my book.

This is pretty much where I stand.

Also, when my thunderfury is longer than a freaking anzu mount, something has gone terribly right.
Chunes

Postby Awyndel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 am

Shathus wrote:This probably doesn't affect most people on the board/reading this thread, but don't forget to consider other specs. If you ever end up Holy for a fight, the mana back from Arcane Torrent IS useful. Ret is probably a wash since they have Rebuke anyways.

One could make another argument for Arcane Torrent of a situation when another set of adds got pulled, you need to drop consecration, and you don't have hallowed ground and need to get a little mana back w/o missing a GCD.

Well I personally don't like making up reasons why it would be viable in odd situations. Hit points are just better in most situations. If you're playing blood elf it's because you love it, expect a lot of arcane damage in upcoming content, or you like to pvp. And those are all no reasons be ashamed of.
Awyndel

Postby Fetzie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm staying blood elf. I tried both male and female tauren on the beta server and it just seemed so clunky :/ Plus it wouldn't seem right wearing a blood knight tabard as a tauren.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chasey » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:17 am

Gonna say, glad I stayed Belf. I still like the look, I haven't gotten used to cows of the light. It is a bit different seeing Tauren pallys but having a silence and extra mana w/e I need it is priceless. Playing around with the human pally and not having that silence makes me love the racial even more.
Chasey

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:14 am

Pyrea wrote:I'm staying blood elf. I tried both male and female tauren on the beta server and it just seemed so clunky :/ Plus it wouldn't seem right wearing a blood knight tabard as a tauren.

If it's anything like for when I faction swapped my draenei to belf... my Tabard of the Silver Hand (or whatever it's called) changed into a guild tabard... I was a sad panda. :(
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Ezharon » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:23 pm

I had switch Tauren at Cata launch because of the endurance racial bonus, but I switch back to Blood Elf today because I was really tired of hanging myself in every door and around every corner :mrgreen:
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby thegreatheed » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Awyndel wrote: Hit points are just better in most situations.

in pvp.

that's the only place the extra hps are really useful. and in that case, AT has an argument. straight EH is no longer the preferred tank gearing model.
thegreatheed

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

I think fitting through all doors without having to dismount is the most compelling argument for not faction changing to tauren.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General