Remove Advertisements

Tol Barad

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tol Barad

Postby kurtizzle » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:29 am

Hi there,

I've got a few questions about Tol Barad, I'm writing a bit of an FAQ guide for my guild and if it seems good enough, I'll be putting it out to the community, in the hope of stirring up some competition within Tol Barad, for some quality PvP action. The questions are as follow:

Wintergrasp has the defending team attacking the towers; this is reversed in Tol Barad, true or false?

The new capture mechanic for taking the three keeps, gives the attackers 'capture time' for killing defenders within the area. Does this work vice versa (defender recapture by killing attackers) and does anyone know the range?

Will there be any kind of RPGG type items for the defending team to shoot at the siege vehicles?

I am aware that vehicles are more moved than setup, instead of being actively controlled by players, returning some much needed on foot PvP action.

I understand the queue system, perhaps some light on if you can create a 'premade' then queue would still be appreciated.

Things to point out;

I don't have beta and as I want to discuss strategies, with Blizzard leaving that up to the player, I need to find my information from you guys for you guys.

I will gift you my work, I already have a nice 4 page FAQ written I just want to make sure the information is 100% correct.

My server is now* Tol Barad and I hope my guild and Faction can 'bring the pain' to the Alliance with my work on this FAQ.

*faction changed to Horde and moved server with friends, waiting for 4.0.3a before transfers.

Kurtizzle GM - <LUSTRUM> Grim Batrol
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Re: Tol Barad

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:30 am

Looks like 50+ people don't know these answer either, I'll take this to the community forums and let you know how it goes.

Kurt
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:14 am

Ok dropped it on the community forums here:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 46&sid=1#0

Had a search through, unfortunatley all the current convosations seem to be about blizzards descision to enable flying in Tol Barad after the event end, I expected this however to anyone that isn't aware this was later disabled.

The community got up in arms, saying it encouraged ganking and discouraged world PvP, I always thought the two were the same thing.

Anyway no flying link: "The issue has been settled. Rejoice.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27026373 ... tol-barad/"

looks like someoen whos quit big in the World PvP community got alot of people to jump up and down! http://zylvith.blogspot.com/

Anyway, for anyone that doesn't know when you control Tol Barad you control acess to the raid, earn rep and access to additional dailies in that area.

Tol Barad is actually split into two parts Tol Barad Island and Tol Barad Peninsula. A really good post about it here by Eleris from Ravenholdt:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 17&sid=1#5

Summary is, you can still go into the opened 5 man dungeon when the other team wins and you can go and attack them when they are doing there additional dailies, but flying is ofc disabled. The only thing you wont be able to do is VoA2.0 and the additional dailies.

Kurt

PS: I really need to change my singnature and I've forgot how to do it! (I mean T7.5 come on!)
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 am

well, Alliance on my server resorted to flying into fort right before it began and floating in with 10+ tenancity to rape people queuing in requiring horde to preposition on top of buildings to defend against it...

The limiting of numbers when one side dominates is good, but it interferes more with pvp than no flying. It's more problematic if the ally side continue their current tactic of queuing horde alts on other accounts to afk in WG so they have a numbers advantage.
Neptuno

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 am

Neptuno wrote:Well, Alliance on my server resorted to flying into fort right before it began and floating in with 10+ tenacity to rape people queuing in requiring horde to preposition on top of buildings to defend against it...

The limiting of numbers when one side dominates is good, but it interferes more with PVP than no flying. It's more problematic if the ally side continue their current tactic of queuing horde alts on other accounts to AFK in WG so they have a numbers advantage.

That is something I wasn't aware of, I'll discuss that in my FAQ, you can't kick anymore either, well if this needs fixing for sure.

I'm pretty sure you wasn't allowed Horde and Alliance characters on the same server(PVP) sometime ago, don't know why they changed this? Oh yeah, it would have been because of Bind on Account gear.

Hopefully when they enable Bind on Account to be actually that and not ‘Bind on Server Account’, they could reverse this and offer free character moves, but we know how bad going back on a decision can be, especially when your customers constantly curse your business model.

Anyway Neptuno, thanks for the reply, you haven’t really answered any of my questions unfortunately.

I think I’m going to post my guide in its raw form and then just wait to get flamed on my inaccuracies, as help is hard to come by these days.
Last edited by kurtizzle on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:06 pm

don't know concerning the bold faced questions, but you mentioned the queuing system and i was offering another issue with the queuing system since these ally had to queue right at 15 minutes to lock out our toons currently. not exactly what you were asking about there either, but i don't know. i'd suggest looking up the blue post blogs concerning the TB focus testing they did.
Neptuno

Postby kurtizzle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Neptuno wrote:don't know concerning the bold faced questions, but you mentioned the queuing system and i was offering another issue with the queuing system since these ally had to queue right at 15 minutes to lock out our toons currently. not exactly what you were asking about there either, but i don't know. i'd suggest looking up the blue post blogs concerning the TB focus testing they did.

I've tried, it's just pages of QQ about flying!
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Neptuno » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:49 am

Q1: False: Attackers "capture" 3 keeps. Defenders move vehicles near the towers and once the vehicle is unoccupied, it fires automatically at the nearest tower. There are 3 towers.
Image Appears to be one of the 3 Keep objectives for the attackers. Towers probably similar to WG ones but I'm not sure.

Q2 (theory/opinion):
each time a member of your faction is killed in the immediate vicinity of a keep, a slider bar will move slightly in favor of the opposing faction.

The blue post never says "attackers" get more for killing the defenders, based on the wording (which is usually more accurate than blizzard's math), it should be both ways. The 80v80 cap should mean that like EOTS, main force hitting one keep with a small strike team secretly starting on the farthest away is likely a good strat unless there's an "attack notification" like WG instead of it just becoming Neutral like EOTS.

Q3: No, The defending team isn't defending against vehicles as the vehicles only attack the towers and keeps are captured EOTS style + the Q2 killing thing. Whether the attackers have RPGs to protected their towers isn't specified. It simply states that the Abandoned Siege Engine will continue to attack until being destroyed by the opposing forces.

source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1321 ... -tol-barad
Neptuno

Postby kurtizzle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 am

Excellent thankyou so much, a complete re-write is in order, I thought the attackers had to kill towers then capture keeps, due to the wording of 'extending event time'.
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby kurtizzle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 am

It appears you are infact incorrect, however thankyou for the link!

"There are three keeps and three towers for the defending side to hold. When destroyed by the attackers, each tower will add five minutes to the standard fifteen-minute battle timer. In order to win, though, all three keeps must be captured and controlled by the attackers."

From your link!

So my entire FAQ is relevent! Awesome!
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 pm

So angry...
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby kurtizzle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Holyblaze wrote:So angry...

You won't like it when you're angry!
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

haha PFFT! I think that Alliance in my Battlegroup blow atm. I was PvPing last night and could only stand 2 matches. haha so I do know angry..just change what im doing to have fun now.

FYI: I have lvled all my 80's, lvls 70-80, in BGs. haha AV was a blast in the weekend long days. BAM!
Holyblaze

Postby Yelena » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:11 pm

The best is running into 5 QueueQ Premades in a row... like that's the only way the Failliance can do Battlegrounds anymore.

The amusing part was that we beat 2 of them with complete PUGs.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm

haha DOH! Yeah...there has been alot of Premade for farming AB/WSG rep on Windrunner atm.
Holyblaze

Next

Return to Cataclysm