Talent Reset today for 4.0.3a

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Talent Reset today for 4.0.3a

Postby Sigmela » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 am

Good Morning,

I was curious with the current changes coming today to our protection line is anyone changing there spec?

Divine Bulwark now grants 2.25% less block chance per point of Mastery, up from 2%.
Holy shield no longer increases chance to block. Instead, it increases the amount blocked by an additional 10%, for a total of 40% damage blocked.
Shield of the Righteous: Contribution of attack power halved (now 60% with full Holy Power) and base damage brought up so that a level 85 paladin in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact.
Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 40/80/120 seconds, down from 1/2/3 minutes.
Wrath of the Lightbringer now increases Crusader Strike and Judgement damage by 50/100%, up from 30/60%

Thanks,
Sigmela 80 BE Tankadin
Esquire
Mannoroth US
Sigmela

Re: Talent Reset today for 4.0.3a

Postby sculder » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:20 am

seeing as my spec was full WOG spec, I for sure will be :(

Also, no more rigomortis tanking :(
sculder

Postby Dapperdann » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 am

We are going to lose 15% block rating? I wonder how much block rating that is.
Dapperdann

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Dapperdann wrote:We are going to lose 15% block rating? I wonder how much block rating that is.

You're going to lose 15% block chance off the top, to make it harder to block cap. Being that Mastery is (currently) worth 2.25% block per point, you could consider it to be worth 6.67 Mastery skill, or 306 Mastery rating at level 80.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Durgann » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm

I also was WOG speced. So now I will be respecing.
Durgann

Postby econ21 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:44 am

Hm, I was going to use the talent reset to go WOG specced, after reading some positive feedback on it here. But I have been out of the loop for a few weeks. I gather the WOG spec has been nerfed somewhat - what's changed and how are people who were WOG respeccing as a consequence?
econ21

Postby Chicken » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:23 pm

I think that's more a panic reaction of people. While Guarded by the Light isn't as much of a factor any more in the healing done, Word of Glory is still healing for quite a bit more compared to before the patch even before you have GbtL; the total healing done might be slightly lower than it was, but it's pretty close. Guarded by the Light also lends two other advantages to WoG usability by speccing for it: The first point makes it cause/refresh Holy Shield, while the second point gives you an absorption effect equal to the overhealing you do on yourself with it.

The first tier of Prot is also still basically a choice between Seals of the Pure and Eternal Glory, and they've only made Seals of the Pure weaker with the recent patch.

All in all, I personally see little reason to drop WoG from your spec. The talents that boost it are, at their hearts, still part of the most survival focused talent spec you can pick up.
Chicken

Postby Neptuno » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

Definitely the case. EG and GbtL are still powerful, though for those gone for a while, PotI indeed has become worth very little for a main tank.
Neptuno

Postby PhoR » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Just a thought, but what about spamming 1 holy power WoG on anyone else in your party?
It's certainly not as good as it used to be since it doesn't stack onto the WoG heal, but it would still be over 1000 health per second self healing.

I think that's more self healing than you can get out of using WoG on yourself isn't it?
(though you'd definitely lose out on some dps because you're using a lot of GCD's on WoG)

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there.
PhoR

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 am

PhoR wrote:
(though you'd definitely lose out on some dps because you're using a lot of GCD's on WoG)

Some? The way you describe it, you would use every other GCD on WoG (essentially CS - WoG - repeat) Someone would have to do the math, but I'd bet it's more than half your dps/tps.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Return to Basic Training & Talents