Remove Advertisements

An Observation About Dungeon Bosses...

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

An Observation About Dungeon Bosses...

Postby Goins2754 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you'll all find this out for yourselves tomorrow, but I wanted to mention it to someone and, dammit, you're the only people I know that play WoW. :)

So, I've been leveling on the PTR and I did my first random dungeon today. We got some sort of Dire Maul. I've never done the random DM on live, so I don't really know what wing or anything. It had the water elemental boss in it.

My observation, though, is that the bosses took a relatively long amount of time to kill. This was fun. I mean, we fought some satyr that chains you to a table for about a whole 60 seconds! I can't remember ever fighting bosses on live this long in the lowbie dungeons. This is a good change.

BTW, when are these "Cataclysm" forums going away? I mean, the sundering happens tomorrow. For all extents and purposes, the cataclysm has happened.
Goins2754

Re: An Observation About Dungeon Bosses...

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

All the old world dungeons have been rebalanced in damage output and abilities (no more chain fears and stuns!) and they did nerf leveling players abilities to make them less powerful at low levels.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Goins2754 wrote:BTW, when are these "Cataclysm" forums going away? I mean, the sundering happens tomorrow. For all extents and purposes, the cataclysm has happened.

did you mean "intents"?

Cataclysm refers to the WoW expansion pack, which will be released on December 7th. That is when this forum goes away. It does not refer to the sundering of the world.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 pm

but 4.0.3 is going to be CATACLYSMIC! (to all the fail noobs that didnt plan ahead)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Goins2754 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Goins2754 wrote:BTW, when are these "Cataclysm" forums going away? I mean, the sundering happens tomorrow. For all extents and purposes, the cataclysm has happened.

did you mean "intents"?

Cataclysm refers to the WoW expansion pack, which will be released on December 7th. That is when this forum goes away. It does not refer to the sundering of the world.

Dammit, Jim! I'm a math minor not an English major.

On a side note, I'm really getting fed up with posting crap on my iPhone. Between auto correct and typing lag, it's a miracle I can even convey a readable sentence!
Goins2754

Postby Malthrax » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

did you mean "intents"?

"for all intensive purposes" ? :lol:
Malthrax

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Goins2754 wrote:On a side note, I'm really getting fed up with posting crap on my iPhone. Between auto correct and typing lag, it's a miracle I can even convey a readable sentence!

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Settings
General
Keyboard (scroll down to see it)
Set “Auto-Correction” to Off
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Neptuno » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 am

Malthrax wrote:"for all intensive purposes" ? :lol:

don't know about you, but my "intensive" purposes aren't things to be shared in public (except for intensive desire for achievement points!!!) :lol:
Neptuno

Return to Cataclysm