Remove Advertisements

Mitigation Comparison

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Mitigation Comparison

Postby Xanthir » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:59 pm

So I recently created the epic geared premade paladin and warrior to see what the comparisons were in mitigation levels, health etc... Using the gear provided (assumed to be fairly equivalent) and using a similar geming/enchanting strategy, the numbers are as follows. (Keep in mind I am not trying to say the sky is falling, I am just trying to collect data and make accurate judgments)

Paladin
Dodge: 11.08%
Parry: 13.75%
Block: 44.58%
Overall: 74.4%
HP: 165553
Expertise: 17 (27 with SOT)
Hit: 4.91%

Warrior
Dodge: 9.59
Parry: 13.56
Block: 48.28 (critical Block: 27%)
Overall: 76.44
HP: 168017
Expertise: 18
Hit: 3.86

Now I could not get the geming exactly the same as the rifle warriors were given did not come with an extra socket whereas the paladin libram did. Just looking at the numbers it is fairly clear that paladins at least through T11 will not be blocking more than warriors. Now I realize that this is not the only gear configuration we will get when this all goes live, and likely I will be able to reoptimize stats a little better the way I want on my pally, but I am kind of curious how these compare in a simulator. Is the warrior mastery more potent then the paladin mastery (especially considering warriors get the base 15% block like pallies used to get, combined with the bonus of 100% mitigation when shield block is up 1/3 of the time), or are they about even in the course of a fight. Anyway, I was curious if anyone had some hard data on this.
Xanthir

Re: Mitigation Comparison

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Reforging 1.5% of that dodge rating into mastery probably could have tipped the block% in favor of the paladin.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Xanthir » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention that these numbers were post reforging all the gear I could to mastery.

On a side note, If I lose a fair amount of stam, I can surpass the warrior on mastery, but as I said I lose a lot of stam, and the overall mitigation only ends up gaining a total of a little over 1% mitigation over the warrior. But since there is already a fairly significant deficit on overall HP, I decided that this would likely be a poor choice.
Xanthir

Postby Arincia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Well i'm a bit surprised sense I'd assume that the paladin and warrior would get almost the exact same stats (cause the same gear) except for the range slot. If it would make things easier you could ignore the ranged slot for all intents and purposes. Though unless its a different form of reforging/gemming for warriors the only difference from dodge/hit/exp/parry should be from base stats really.
Arincia

Postby lythac » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Xanthir wrote:Sorry I forgot to mention that these numbers were post reforging all the gear I could to mastery.

So after reforging all the Expertise/Hit to Mastery we are still left with 27 Expertise (with SoT) and 4.91% Hit?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeah they weren´t happy with mindless hit capping in the beginning of the xpac and everyone trying to get rid of it devaluing pieces with hit.
Dantriges

Return to Cataclysm