Remove Advertisements

New Paladin Tanking Tools, promised but NYI

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New Paladin Tanking Tools, promised but NYI

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Someone at Blizzcon asked if they'd change the effect because it was less dps than Reckoning, and their response was that they'd look at the numbers tweaking rather than changing it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:30 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Someone at Blizzcon asked if they'd change the effect because it was less dps than Reckoning, and their response was that they'd look at the numbers tweaking rather than changing it.

I think it would be more or less perfect if they tweaked the numbers such that it worked like 3.0 Art of War, aka, pretty much always up as long as you're meleeing dudes.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Neptuno » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Candiru wrote:Hammer of justice change required a change in "tech" rather than just a change in the HammerOfJustice spell definition. They want to make the change, but it will require some programmer time (and testing, to make sure they haven't broken anything else) which probably means it won't happen until after Cata is released. At the moment spells are either on or off the GCD and talents cannot affect this.

I think they will come up with some less elegant solution like give us a new ability that interupts but is a longer CD than Rebuke, but a new ability is the fastest way of making something off the GCD. Making it share a CD with another abilty isn't new tech either.
Similar to how a destro lock has nether ward that replaces shadow ward: its a different spell similar to feral abilities that aren't shared between bear and cat for druids. Now, Prot has Hammer of Justice(Protection) as an additional ability sharing the CD of Hammer of Justice thats created by this talent (or replaces it). It shouldn't really be that different than other abilities and won't even be subject to crazy things like the seal issues where you retained the glyph bonus until you reapplied the seal.
Neptuno

Postby Dantriges » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Yes Nether Ward is quite a good example. A talent transforms a spell into something similar, but different.
Dantriges

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 am

Holy word: chastise morphs to three or four different abilities depending on your chakra state (heal, PoH, renew, smite). Is the 3 HoPo divine plea change on the 4.0.3a PTR?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Veshzan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:31 am

towelliee wrote:I think before Cata hits we will see a change to WoG GBTL and Grand Crusader without a doubt.

WoG appears to be nerfed for prot paladins allrdy. (if your talking about word of glory)

Guardian by the light has allrdy been reduced down to 5/10% which makes was making it heal me for 11k which is kinda sad :( 167k life unbuffed. I rather enjoyed being able to use it as a nice patch heal to keep myself up vs boss hits.

Couple weeks back it was more 20k (non crit's)
Veshzan

Postby Braundo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 am

Veshzan wrote:Guardian by the light has allrdy been reduced down to 5/10% which makes was making it heal me for 11k which is kinda sad :( 167k life unbuffed. I rather enjoyed being able to use it as a nice patch heal to keep myself up vs boss hits.

Couple weeks back it was more 20k (non crit's)

It seems kind of low by sheer numbers, but considering how often you can use it (and the possibility of Eternal Glory procs if you're specced into it), those heals can still really add up on a fight where you don't need to constantly use ShoR/Inquisition to maintain a threat lead.

Come to think of it, I do wonder if Eternal Glory is still going to be worth the points after these nerfs.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

Braundo wrote:Come to think of it, I do wonder if Eternal Glory is still going to be worth the points after these nerfs.

Arguably it'll still be very useful for soloing and progression tanking, which seem like odd extremes.

I know I've had whittle-down deaths where the overkill was in the double digits in progression tanking due to, say, healers being CCed or caught up in movement at a critical juncture.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:49 am

How's seal damage after the change to the 5 stack? SoI still a progression tanking setup as well?
Neptuno

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am

Yes, they have done nothing to address the viability of tanking with SoI which they said wasn't intended. I expect the general populace not to realize this until we get into hardmodes, and for Blizzard to patch it sometime before the next tier. Have fun tanking with Wisdom folks!
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

Nerf the damage so that we have to choose between viable seal and 10 expertise? :wink:
Dantriges

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 am

Or just get rid of the stupid glyph like they were thinking about doing anyway...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 am

This would be the more intelligent solution or reduce the amount of expertise.
Seems the problem that they have to weaken the soecials to take our higher auto swing into account or so.
Dantriges

Previous

Return to Cataclysm