Faction mount balance

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Faction mount balance

Postby Flex » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Vrimmel wrote:Seeing that worgen don't get any ground mount, what allies getting instead now that mount balance shifted towards horde?

Two years of having an 80 to 79 lead on faction mounts?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:33 pm

its a thread about faction balancing where the side that has bonuses to actual play of the game are complaining about a vanity function. asking if you'd be willing to trade your performance advantage for an achievement advantage is kind of the scale of how important is the issue and why it takes precedence over things that directly affect combat (warcraft being the name for a reason). the same reason you feel my point is off topic is the same reason i made it: because if you were really about proper balance being implemented, you'd desire evening the racials before the racial mount count.

and yeah, after horde finally got the venomhide raptor after being years behind in count, i'd say you'll get your worgen mount immediately since it's also about how fast you can right this injustice that you didn't mind when you were ahead on mounts too.
Neptuno

Postby PsiVen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Even though this seems like a profoundly unimportant issue, Blizzard did say they were going to address it -- but they haven't yet. I am curious what they had planned and if it's still in the works. My guess is that they simply decided that making two goblin mounts instead of six would suffice, as making shiny new Alliance mounts that Worgen can't ride just feels silly.

Racial balance and other garbage has no place here, they don't balance aesthetics against abilities.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 am

I can't believe anyone cares about this.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:04 am

It was more of an issue (for the achievementwhores, at least) when it was hard to reach 100 mounts. They even went as far as adding new city faction mounts to balance the numbers out.

However, these days it's pretty easy to reach 100 (and it'll be even easier in Cata), so my guess is they aren't worried about it.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby eia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 am

Zalaria wrote:It was more of an issue (for the achievementwhores, at least) when it was hard to reach 100 mounts. They even went as far as adding new city faction mounts to balance the numbers out.

However, these days it's pretty easy to reach 100 (and it'll be even easier in Cata), so my guess is they aren't worried about it.

For some value of "pretty easy".
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Korola » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:27 am

Sabindeus wrote:I can't believe anyone cares about this.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 am

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zobel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

boston2k4 wrote:i think they will eventually give them a mount but are trying to implement something they wanted to do in the past for fun. i think it will be hilarious

Four years from now, worgen will finally be able to go to Ungoro and grind out a Venom-mane Gilnesaur.
Zobel

Postby Alviarin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 am

I can believe that people care about it.

I care.

However, that's the way it is. I would like equal amount on both sides, but if Blizzard doesn't put it in, then such is the game. I also cared when we didn't have Paladins in vanilla, but I wouldn't whine and/or rant about it, because the game is the way it is.
You gain some, you lose some.
Alviarin

Postby culhag » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 am

Well I can't believe some people thought no-one would care about this.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 am

If you didn't care about it for the years alliance had 1 more faction mount than horde, you shouldn't care about it now. Unless of course it's not actually balance that matters... :D
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Cataclysm