Any COD:BO PC players?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Any COD:BO PC players?

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I enjoyed the wager match type where your gun switches every so often (not from kills, though).

I do not like Team Deathmatch in this game, so far. The spawning system is incredibly messed up... MW2 never had players spawn immediately behind you whereas such spawning happens all of the time in Black Ops. There is no room for tactics in Team Deathmatch due to the spawning situation. :(
Belloc

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Belloc wrote:I enjoyed the wager match type where your gun switches every so often (not from kills, though).

I do not like Team Deathmatch in this game, so far. The spawning system is incredibly messed up... MW2 never had players spawn immediately behind you whereas such spawning happens all of the time in Black Ops. There is no room for tactics in Team Deathmatch due to the spawning situation. :(

Yeah, spawning is totally fucked atm. It's worse in games with objectives because you'll, like, cap the HQ, then their whole team spawns near it for inexplicable reasons...

I hope they fix the spawning algorithms...they suck... :(
d503

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Language NSFW, but this is a pretty good review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMm8fjgaVMI
d503

Postby Adryl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm playing on 360/PS3 but still same diff. I like the wager matches. Like this unlock system vs. MW2. Currency is a nice touch. And with the contracts (I see them as dailies) it gives me a bigger incentive to use diff guns, play diff game types, and such.
Adryl

Postby Gorlando » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Apparently there's some bug with people having their levels reset from x level to level 1 (without prestige).
Gorlando

Postby d503 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Gorlando wrote:Apparently there's some bug with people having their levels reset from x level to level 1 (without prestige).

They recently just did a broad swathe of account resetting on people who had played on hacked servers and prestiged illegitimately.

If you follow @pcdev on Twitter, or use the COD:BO forums, I believe there's a way to report that your rank was reset despite not having hacked.

Also, I made this video in celebration of the greatest sport in COD:BO -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJumJL8704
d503

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:08 am

So, there was another PC patch recently. I decided to give the game a try and it's running incredibly smoothly now. The spawning didn't seem as bad, but I didn't get much team deathmatch going on, either... so who knows. Either way, I had fun.
Belloc

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum