hSH - Pulling the first room

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

hSH - Pulling the first room

Postby Arcand » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:48 am

Not the hallway; we gobble that up in three bites.

I mean the room where you have something like...

Code: Select all
                          Enforcer  Enforcer

(Shadowcaster+Reaver)    (Shadowcaster+Savage)

(Acolyte + Savage)                                (Acolyte + Brawler)

<--  Legionnaire  -->

Legionnaire pacing back and forth, of course. I'm probably wrong about most of the melee types; they're rabble so I don't care much.

Now, how do you pull this? Assume you don't have Counterspell or Silence, and that you can handle any combination of five but you're in trouble if you get seven.

The typical mishap for me involves hitting the Legionnaire with a shield while he's at the end; it chains and grabs an acolyte and his buddy, but that aggroes the other two as well. The shadowcaster causes problems and either DPS shifts to him (leaving the acolyte alive to heal his buddies) or melee runs in to kill the shadowcaster, aggroing the enforcers or the other shadowcaster...

Can I bubble-pull the legionnaire and one of the end pairs without getting anything else?
Arcand

Postby ulushnar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am

I normally get a caster to wand the rightmost mob (or some other class to use a low-aggro ranged ability) when the legionairre's on the far left. That should only cause the two of them to come. I repeat that with the second rightmost group, then pull the Legionairre before killing the last two mobs.

Overcautious possibly, but I still have painful memories of spending an hour wiping in that room on my first ever attempt.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:06 am

If you and your healer are geared enough you can take 5 on at once.

the entrance to the room is like ]- -[ so you toss the shield when the Legionnaire is on a far end and run out of LOS to draw the casters in.

You'll basically pull half the room.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arcand » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:08 am

If only one end group is down, can you single-pull the Legionnaire from that end? (I think so, but haven't seen that situation very often.)

You know what rogues need? They need that tether move that Scorpion had in Mortal Kombat. On the pull: "GET OVER HERE!" (yank) and the caster's suddenly in the middle of your group getting roflpwned.
Arcand

Postby kalbear » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am

The typical mishap for me involves hitting the Legionnaire with a shield while he's at the end;
Don't use AS. This is one of those pulls where a bad AS will kill you and it's too easy to not do the AS just right. Go with a single pulling item (rocket launcher, boomerang, mana tap) or just get someone else to pull him on your mark and then take aggro.

And make sure to break LoS upon pulling (either you or whoever pulled) so that the casters get in a nice happy circle.
kalbear

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:33 am

I actually did heroic SH for the first time last night (up to first boss). It was pretty easy and with a hunter trap and mage sheep, I ended up being oom by the end of almost every pull.

For that group, I threw a shield at the legionnaire while he was pathing by the front of the group from left to right. Then I just run back around the corner and throw up consecration, eagerly awaiting my play things. I ended up stealing the sheep target by accident though so we only had hunter trap. All was well, it went smoothly.

untill we wiped on the hound dood with the 2 dogs. Apparently the boxes next to them put you out of LoS =)
Zhalseran

Postby utena » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:00 pm

You can pull this in 3 pulls if you want, easy peasy.

1. Let the lego go left, pull far right.

2. Let the lego go right, pull him solo.

3. Pull the rest.
utena

Postby Blaen99 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:06 pm

I just pull the whole room in heroic - is there something I'm missing on this pull?
Blaen99

Postby Dorvan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:47 pm

I do it in 2 pulls out of habit...Just toss Avenger's Shield at the legionnaire like any other pull when he's on the far right or far left and you'll get him + 4 of the others.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby kalbear » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:17 pm

I just pull the whole room in heroic - is there something I'm missing on this pull?
I think you're missing that most people aren't in T5/T6 when doing this heroic. :)
kalbear

Postby Arcand » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm in Kara/Badge/ZA gear, which I don't think gives up very much to T5, and I'm still not sure I could survive the whole room at once...especially if the two at the back start Intercepting clothies and blowing them up.

Apparently I'm not leet yet.
Arcand

Postby Swagger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Arcand wrote:I'm in Kara/Badge/ZA gear, which I don't think gives up very much to T5, and I'm still not sure I could survive the whole room at once...especially if the two at the back start Intercepting clothies and blowing them up.

Apparently I'm not leet yet.

Agreed, 5 isn't too bad, 7 might be pushing it, but all 9 is very likely (and has been for me) a facesmash
Swagger

Postby Exodius » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Ah, I remember the good old days when I would grab the 2 front guys before you enter that room, the whole room, and the back guards...

Well, I could still do that now, it's just I'd get mana starved something fierce and probably have some pugger pull aggro off something and kill... well, probably just him/herself. :P

Of course I am talking about normal, not heroics here. Don't be afraid to CC in heroic. It will save you on repair bills. :P
Exodius

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Pull a whole side + legionnaire with the frisbee, have some DPS solo possible casters.

Use LoS to pull .
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Asterix » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:29 am

kalbear wrote:
I think you're missing that most people aren't in T5/T6 when doing this heroic. :)

I can do all of this instance with no CC and that was back when I just had Kara gear and the tier 4 shoulders. Normally I try to shield throw when he's in the middle so both sides pull. Then I pop behind the right side of the door and aoe so they're all on me. Make sure nobody attacks or heals until they're on you. A mage can counterspell a caster if he's hanging back. Then pop your autoblocker or figurine and take them down.
Asterix

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics