Faction mount balance

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Faction mount balance

Postby Vrimmel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:03 am

Seeing that worgen don't get any ground mount, what allies getting instead now that mount balance shifted towards horde?
Vrimmel

Re: Faction mount balance

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 am

I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 am

You're not getting anything, ye derned stinky Alliance lout!

srsly... both factions having the exact same identical equivalent equal number of available mount options has got to be the absolute lowest thing on Bliz's radar at the moment... at least, I hope to God it is.
Malthrax

Postby anthony » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

we should mount worgens. sorted.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Belloc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Last I checked, goblins were only getting two mounts anyway.
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:15 pm

anthony wrote:we should mount worgens. sorted.

That sounds really, awfully, horribly WRONG.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 pm

81 Alliance only mounts.
82 Horde only mounts.
Problem non existent.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 am

free pvp trinkets expertise for half the weapons in the game and abilities to remove bleeds/armor... vs non-stacking resistances and a silence/stomp one which has a cast time still.

faction balance >>>> faction mount count
Neptuno

Postby boston2k4 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 am

Look back into vanilla testing and all that.. Tauren had the same set up it was called plainsrunner or something onto that effect.. it was removed and they got kodos to start :(
i think they will eventually give them a mount but are trying to implement something they wanted to do in the past for fun. i think it will be hilarious
boston2k4

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:41 am

boston2k4 wrote:Look back into vanilla testing and all that.. Tauren had the same set up it was called plainsrunner or something onto that effect.. it was removed and they got kodos to start :(
i think they will eventually give them a mount but are trying to implement something they wanted to do in the past for fun. i think it will be hilarious

well the topic is basically "goblin mount buyable for horde but ally can't buy a worgen to ride" and the achievements for # of mounts.

there's enough rare mounts out there that are going away though... if they really needed a worgen mount to make the cut, they should have farmed harder. why don't you suggest it as the new human racial to ride a worgen instead of weapon expertise... make it even with horde pally racials. or I'd be happy with a horde racial that stealths me and breaks combat too... both would be ok.
Neptuno

Postby majiben » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:20 am

I think the concern was initially based in keeping with convention of 3 slow and 3 fast mounts per race, in which case the imbalance would have been significant.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:44 am

Neptuno wrote: There's enough rare mounts out there that are going away though... if they really needed a worgen mount to make the cut, they should have farmed harder.

That's not really the point. It's not about how hard or easy it is to get to the 100 mount achievement. You think everyone stops farming mounts when they get the mountains of mounts achievement? If you start imbalancing the game people will choose faction depending on what is more beneficial.

And why are you bringing in racials?
Vrimmel

Postby mavfin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:52 am

Neptuno wrote:
boston2k4 wrote: why don't you suggest it as the new human racial to ride a worgen instead of weapon expertise... make it even with horde pally racials. or I'd be happy with a horde racial that stealths me and breaks combat too... both would be ok.

Why are you bringing up racials in a thread about mounts? I mean it's obvious you have an axe to grind, but is it really appropriate in a thread about mounts?
--Mav
mavfin

Postby pacientKashenko » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 am

Good ol official forums... oh wait...
1)Even if horde got 1 or 2 more mounts, the question is "who the hell cares?!".
2)Plainstriding is nothing like worgen racial, which working exactly like a mount.
pacientKashenko

Postby Passionario » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Until recently, Alliance had access to 2 more non-combat pets compared to Horde. I didn't see anyone making threads about that imbalance, however.

Vrimmel wrote:If you start imbalancing the game people will choose faction depending on what is more beneficial.

If people decide to transfer/reroll Horde just so that they can ride cool Goblin cars, more power to them. :)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Next

Return to Cataclysm