Remove Advertisements

Tauren Paladin Tier 11 is SEXY

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Tauren Paladin Tier 11 is SEXY

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 am

Still looks better than Tier 5.

(And, really, I think it looks better on the Tauren and Draenei male models than it does on some of the slimmer models like Blood Elves. But maybe that's just me.)
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 pm

katraya wrote:I have always hoped that Blizzard will implement a show/hide shoulders option. I doubt they ever will though.

Heretic!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Think I found the sources for the T11 pally gear.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby katraya » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
katraya wrote:I have always hoped that Blizzard will implement a show/hide shoulders option. I doubt they ever will though.

Heretic!

I think most of the problem is that I only play female toons. Most of the shoulders just look ridiculously large on them.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm

katraya wrote:I think most of the problem is that I only play female toons. Most of the shoulders just look ridiculously large on them.

Have you seen the shoulders on a male orc?
Paxen

Postby Bladesong » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Have you seen the shoulders on a male orc?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyptodon
Bladesong

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:44 pm

I want to see a Tauren in full T5 :twisted:
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I want to see a Tauren in full T5 :twisted:

Here you go.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Hahahaha oarsome!
Its like.... words escape me...
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 am

T9 original was Warlock plate. It was awful. My review of the new tier is broken down like this.

Great T11 sets:
  • Mage. Oh man.. this set is amazing. The head is a little warlock ish, but that works for a twilight cult themed tier. Both normal and heroic have good color choices, though... normal is a little high contrast. I expect is isn't so glaring in game.
  • Warrior. I'm astounded with how much I REALLY REALLY like this set. When I first saw the previews of the head, I lol'd and lol'd hard. Now? It has grown on me. The head does make me think RAWR ME GRIMLOCK for some reason, but overall it is a great set, even though the heroic color scheme sucks hard.

Good T11 Sets:
  • Death knight. (Heroic Preferably)- This is a pretty decent looking armor set. The head piece is a little odd, but the twilight cultist feel of it works for me. The munchy mouth belt is an interesting touch.
  • Hunter. That's right. I don't hate it. I actually think it is a very interesting design, and while the overgrown murloc hat made me giggle the first time, if you look at it, it has a cohesive theme. I approve. Also, Heroic T11 coloring on this is GOD AWFUL.
  • Warlock. Oi. this set is ruined by the awful head. For some reason the horns on the head make me think "throw your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care". Ditch head, give set to shaman with recolor, and new head, give shaman set to warlock, and things are good. You could even add some rag to the front of the shaman head and make it a warlock head.
  • Rogue. This set is very interesting. The lighting effects really scream "rogue energy" for some reason for me. I think that this set is going to look stunning in game.
  • Paladin. The head really kills this set, even more so than the normal color scheme. The white color scheme is FAR superior, and would be downright amazing if the head wasn't so over the top. The other knock I have against this set: Because it is so far removed from the designs of DK and Warrior, you will NEVER have a full set of gear that looks right. Thanks Blizz.

Bad T11 sets:
  • Druid. Um.... Wow. Those shoulders are awful, heroic t11 has a better color scheme, but not by much.
  • Priest. LOLtastically bad. Head is awful. Shoulders are beyond laughing. The only way they could have been redeemed is comedically with birds flying around you, and landing on them with audible drinking/bathing sounds. Both color schemes are DREADFUL
  • Shaman. Don't get me wrong, I think that it is a fantastic looking tier set.... just not for shaman. Both color schemes are fantastic. Amazing. Well thought out, it just looks like a heavily armored warlock set. If this were a warlock set, I would put it in the "amazing" category
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 am

I really like the DK Tier 11, I think it's the best one of them all.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby culhag » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 am

Shoju wrote:Druid. Um.... Wow. Those shoulders are awful

Really ? I think they look great !

And to me the rogue set, while pretty, screams not stealthy at all. But I guess that's not a PvE rogue's concern.

And I love the DK set too.
Last edited by culhag on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 am

Sabindeus wrote:I really like the DK Tier 11, I think it's the best one of them all.

It is a little weird on some of the models, the model that really made me scratch my head was troll.... There is a lot of clipping on the head/shoulders on that model. If they could get that fixed I would elevate it to "great"
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 am

culhag wrote:
Shoju wrote:Druid. Um.... Wow. Those shoulders are awful

Really ? I think they look great !

And to me the rogue set, while pretty, screams not stealthy at all. But I guess that's not a PvE rogue's concern.

And I love the DK set too.

The T9 horde rogue set had those flashing yellow warning lights used by heavy machinery on their shoulders...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Braundo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 am

I don't really like the Mage set. I mean, it looks cool in and of itself, but it looks far more appropriate for a Warlock than a Mage. I didn't like the way the Mage T10 looked either, though -- I don't like all of this "sinister-looking" mage gear as of late. I guess my taste in Mage gear is kind of old-school.

The [Paladin Heroic T11] white color scheme is FAR superior

I don't quite see this. It looks like grey to me, and looks plainly...uh...plain. I'm one of the few that likes the blue set, though, I guess, so it's probably just me.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm