Remove Advertisements

Jewelcrafting leveling

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Jewelcrafting leveling

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:16 pm

How far is it possible to level jewelcrafting with items obtainable in wotlk when cata comes out?
Vrimmel

Re: Jewelcrafting leveling

Postby Chicken » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm

465 skill. Epic gems start as yellow up to 452 skill, and are green until 465 skill. Technically the Icy Prism works up to 470, but that one doesn't really work when it comes to stocking up beforehand which is what I assume you're planning to do. You can add +10 to all those numbers if you're a Draenei.

Comparatively you can also gain that 15 skill through the new uncommon (green quality) gems. Those are yellow from 450 up to 467 skill.
Last edited by Chicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chicken

Postby Malthrax » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:59 pm

So, no real point.
Malthrax

Postby Arees » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Chicken wrote:460 skill. Epic gems are green and last to 455, the various epic pieces of jewelry and meta gems last until 460 (And are also green all the way from 450 to 460). Technically the Icy Prism works up to 470, but that one doesn't really work when it comes to stocking up beforehand which is what I assume you're planning to do.

Comparatively you can also gain that 10 skill through the new uncommon (green quality) gems. Those are yellow from 450 up to 467 skill.

I don't know if its because I'm a draenei or not, but I'm at max skill and epic gems are still yellow to me.

If you have mining though, you'll easily have enough common gems from mining and prospecting to level quickly. On the beta I leveled mining to max in probably less than an hour. I had way more than enough common gems to get to 500ish.
Arees

Postby Chicken » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Chicken wrote:460 skill. Epic gems are green and last to 455, the various epic pieces of jewelry and meta gems last until 460 (And are also green all the way from 450 to 460). Technically the Icy Prism works up to 470, but that one doesn't really work when it comes to stocking up beforehand which is what I assume you're planning to do.

Comparatively you can also gain that 10 skill through the new uncommon (green quality) gems. Those are yellow from 450 up to 467 skill.

I don't know if its because I'm a draenei or not, but I'm at max skill and epic gems are still yellow to me.
No you're right, misread the information. Editing to fix.
Chicken

Postby Kuridan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Make sure you start doing the dailies right away, the blue quality patterns cost 3 rewards each. The chick that has the quest is in the Valley of Honor in Org, near the blacksmiths.
Kuridan

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Kuridan wrote:Make sure you start doing the dailies right away, the blue quality patterns cost 3 rewards each. The chick that has the quest is in the Valley of Honor in Org, near the blacksmiths.

The rewards - I'm guessing they are different from the tokens that JCs get now?
Anubisknight

Postby Chicken » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Anubisknight wrote:
Kuridan wrote:Make sure you start doing the dailies right away, the blue quality patterns cost 3 rewards each. The chick that has the quest is in the Valley of Honor in Org, near the blacksmiths.

Yes, they're an all new type of Jewelcrafter's Token. Your old Dalaran ones are only redeemable in Dalaran.
Chicken

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 am

Chicken wrote:
Anubisknight wrote:

Yes, they're an all new type of Jewelcrafter's Token. Your old Dalaran ones are only redeemable in Dalaran.

Thanks.
Anubisknight

Postby Neptuno » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 pm

another thread was talking about Reputation requirements to level professions and I thought they mentioned JC or is it just getting the dailys so we can cut blue quality?
Neptuno

Return to Cataclysm