Remove Advertisements

Game plan for Realm 1st 85?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Game plan for Realm 1st 85?

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

as long as I don't have to do a quest chain to unlock a tabard vendor I'll be happy.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Flex wrote:as long as I don't have to do a quest chain to unlock a tabard vendor I'll be happy.

Oh good point, I hadn't thought of that. I think you in fact do have to do like 50% of Vashj'ir before you can get the Earthen Ring Quartermaster.

Also I know you ahve to do tons of stuff to get anywhere with Therazane, much like the Sons of Hodir.

Guardians of Hyjal is right there off the bat but you need Friendly to purchase it and start at Neutral so that's a little while...

I haven't touched Wildhammer yet but from my vague excursions into Twilight Highlands I am pretty sure you have to do some stuff to get Friendly with them.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Korola wrote:You do make an interesting point though, on the way to the wolves you pick 3 nodes and net 5,000 xp each. In doing so you have really added a lot of experience to the current model.

Yeah, if I do start a Worgen druid, I'm likely to go dual-gathering, to maximize what I get along the way.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Flex wrote:as long as I don't have to do a quest chain to unlock a tabard vendor I'll be happy.

Oh good point, I hadn't thought of that. I think you in fact do have to do like 50% of Vashj'ir before you can get the Earthen Ring Quartermaster.

Also I know you ahve to do tons of stuff to get anywhere with Therazane, much like the Sons of Hodir.

Guardians of Hyjal is right there off the bat but you need Friendly to purchase it and start at Neutral so that's a little while...

I haven't touched Wildhammer yet but from my vague excursions into Twilight Highlands I am pretty sure you have to do some stuff to get Friendly with them.

And you have to do some quests to get your sea-pony.

So nothing critical is hidden by phasing?

halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

I don't mind questing to reach friendly. I do mind being Friendly then having to quest to bring the tabard vendor into phase, like Knights of the Ebon Blade in Icecrown.

I saw that you reach Honored with Therazane by just doing the intro questing giving you access to the Honored shoulder enchants easily and they also have a tabard for championing.

halabar wrote:And you have to do some quests to get your sea-pony.

Critical hidden by phasing would be KotEB quartermaster in Icecrown and Sons of Hodir quartermaster. It is not no access to the in plain sight dude because you didn't do the pre-req quest.
Last edited by Flex on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 pm

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

And you have to do some quests to get your sea-pony.

Well clearly since Flex pointed out the faction quartermasters that I hadn't even thought of, it's entirely possible I'm missing something when you say "critical". What would you define as something "critical" that could be phased?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Are the shoulder and head enchants BOA to start with Cata, or are the BOP right now?

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Oh and you definitely have to do quests for the Ramakhen Quartermaster.
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Oh and you definitely have to do quests for the Ramakhen Quartermaster.

I see what Halabar is saying.

Quest to get to friendly or Quest to actually be able to see him? Have they sorta become one and the same now through the use of phasing technology?
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm

halabar wrote:Are the shoulder and head enchants BOA to start with Cata, or are the BOP right now?

Ah crap... I know one of them is BoP and the other is BoA because I tried to send one from a premade to my copy and it didn't work. And I seem to recall the one I was able to send having "Requires Exalted with so and so" on it... so that was probably the Therazane one
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm

halabar wrote:Are the shoulder and head enchants BOA to start with Cata, or are the BOP right now?

quick wowhead shows shoulders BoP, head BoA.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Oh and you definitely have to do quests for the Ramakhen Quartermaster.

I see what Halabar is saying.

Quest to get to friendly or Quest to actually be able to see him? Have they sorta become one and the same now through the use of phasing technology?

I'm not sure you need to do any quests to SEE any of the quartermasters but I know that getting to the Earthen Ring place in Vashj'ir will be either impossible or incredibly hard without doing some quests there. Either that or that place actually is phased.

I'm also not sure about Ramakhen, I don't think you can talk to any of the dudes there without doing the intro quest.

I'll log on tonight and check this all out.
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Flex wrote:

quick wowhead shows shoulders BoP, head BoA.

ah yes

But the head enchants require the rep to use even though they're BoA. This may be a bug.
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I'm not sure you need to do any quests to SEE any of the quartermasters but I know that getting to the Earthen Ring place in Vashj'ir will be either impossible or incredibly hard without doing some quests there. Either that or that place actually is phased.

I'm also not sure about Ramakhen, I don't think you can talk to any of the dudes there without doing the intro quest.

I'll log on tonight and check this all out.

My peeve stems from the revamped leveling and rep gains in WotLK. I can hit friendly KotEB in Zul'Drak and hit 80 without setting foot in Icecrown. However I'd need to do some quests to get the Tabard to get the instance rep while I continue questing for gold.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Listening to the Call To Auction podcast at the moment, and the quartermaster in Twilight Highlands that sells most of the high-end crafting patterns/recipes is hidden behind phasing. So there are some phasing-dependent limitations depending on what your character does. If your pally is a BS or JC, you'll need to do those quests (and rep?) to level your professions.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm