Belf Paladins

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Belf Paladins

Postby Radience » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 am

Candiru wrote:When they changed all the racials from 2% miss chance to School to +1 resistance to school Belfs got swapped to arcane only.

Does the +1 scale with level? I'm assuming it does.

Yes, single resistance racials are 85 at lv 85. Worgens have 64 nature and shadow resistances at lv 85.
Radience

Postby Neptuno » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:48 pm

Radience wrote:
Candiru wrote:When they changed all the racials from 2% miss chance to School to +1 resistance to school Belfs got swapped to arcane only.

Does the +1 scale with level? I'm assuming it does.

Yes, single resistance racials are 85 at lv 85. Worgens have 64 nature and shadow resistances at lv 85.

do these stack with Kings/Auras? Guessing not, but it would be nice
Neptuno

Postby Radience » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:20 am

No, they don't stack.
Radience

Postby Noradin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:07 am

Radience wrote:No, they don't stack.

Where is the point in them then?
No druid will ever profit from them.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Candiru » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:37 am

Well they used to be just 10 resistance which did stack. I guess at least 85 is large enough to be noticeable while soloing maybe? As for not stacking with kings/MotW it does make them a little pointless other than for flavour, but then that's the case with a lot of the racials like underwater breather (no druid/warlock will benefit!) etc.

Does make the Orc/Troll -15% duration to stun/slow seem a LOT better than the 85 resistance you won't ever notice in a raid! I guess the resistance might be useful in Arena.

Would be nice for Belfs to have an actual passive racial, we do seem rather short on them now. The +10 to enchanting is a good money saver if you are an enchanter, but that's basically all we have other than Arcane Torrent and Doesn't Stack resistance.

Compared to the 2%dodge/1%hit/1%crit/1%haste/3Expertise/5%health of other races we suck :( Maybe for being so lithe and pretty we should get +1% movement? Although would be a bit useless if it didn't stack with other movement effects.

1/2%spell miss would be nice. I mean they don't have a problem with PvPers needing more Expertise vs Nelfs than other races, so why not the same with hit and Belfs?

Something like Precise Attacks (1% armour pen and 1 spell pen/level) might fit the theme?

I like the idea of portable barbershop most though, but I doubt blizzard would ever do it :( Who needs 1%crit when you have AWESOME HAIR?
Candiru

Postby Braundo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 am

Candiru wrote:that's the case with a lot of the racials like underwater breather (no druid/warlock will benefit!) etc.

You could make the argument that underwater breather is useless to every class now, since the breath timer is around two weeks at this point.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 am

Braundo wrote:
Candiru wrote:that's the case with a lot of the racials like underwater breather (no druid/warlock will benefit!) etc.

You could make the argument that underwater breather is useless to every class now, since the breath timer is around two weeks at this point.

I still claim that Dwarves have the best racials for prot pallies
Palisade

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Palisade wrote:I still claim that Dwarves have the best racials for prot pallies

Eh, tossup between Dwarves and Humans imo. Both get 3 exp and some sort of dispellamajig, though the Dwarf one is some armor too. But it's not a lot and really doesn't make a huge difference. Personally I prefer my stun/fear remover to the poison/bleed remover.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Korola » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Palisade wrote:I still claim that Dwarves have the best racials for prot pallies

Eh, tossup between Dwarves and Humans imo. Both get 3 exp and some sort of dispellamajig, though the Dwarf one is some armor too. But it's not a lot and really doesn't make a huge difference. Personally I prefer my stun/fear remover to the poison/bleed remover.

My dwarf DK likes it for the AP boost as well.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Neptuno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm

yeah, both are nice in pvp... resistance is decent in pvp since arcane can survive now and of course boomkins... and you won't always have kings/mark if you need the AP from might. if i were to switch to alliance, i would go dwarf since bleed effects are massively successful in pvp these days and my TAiaJ isn't the best 2nd trinket for the human benefit, but the advantages of one vs the other change by gear and play style... taurens won't have any huge advantage over belf other than cosmetic and/or another stun which gives us the same outcome as silence vs casters but does help against physical.

the only thing that would sway me from going beef would be a stat bonus to something like mastery, hit, etc.
Neptuno

Postby Candiru » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Tauren get stun instead of silence, 5% more base health and nature resistance rather than arcane resistance. Neither is on the paladin resistance aura so both usefull. Herbalism vs Enchanting skill boost isn't really that relevant for mains (but could be for alts.)

Most races seem to have some form of DPS CD or passive. Tauren and Belfs are both lacking in this. Oh well.
Candiru

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 am

Candiru wrote:Tauren get stun instead of silence, 5% more base health and nature resistance rather than arcane resistance. Neither is on the paladin resistance aura so both usefull. Herbalism vs Enchanting skill boost isn't really that relevant for mains (but could be for alts.)

Most races seem to have some form of DPS CD or passive. Tauren and Belfs are both lacking in this. Oh well.

I'll take the 2164hp... Milk Does a Tauren Good
Neptuno

Postby seigert » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 am

Candiru wrote:Tauren get stun instead of silence, 5% more base health and nature resistance rather than arcane resistance.

Not only belfs have silence, they also have one more 'manaregen' ability backed in silence. For tankinds with healadin offspec (such as myself) its a good perk.
seigert

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 am

I vote for the personal stylist.

RL: <Ready Check>
MT: "No... I'm NOT ready, I'm doing my hair... it's not easy looking this good..."

Edit: No, I'm not likely to race change, already went from Squidadin to Belfadin. Though if they ever give the option of a Tauren Rogue... I'm totally there.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Anubelle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:37 am

Candiru wrote:Most races seem to have some form of DPS CD or passive. Tauren and Belfs are both lacking in this. Oh well.

Taurens get more than 2K health at level 85 as their racial. For a Tank, that means more than 200 AP with fully stacked Vengeance, so it DOES double as a somewhat kinda sorta DPS passive :)

This might be a good chance to cite my conspiracy theory that Belves have the crappiest racials on purpose to prevent them from being an even more dominant Horde race.
Anubelle

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm