Remove Advertisements

Tauren Paladin Tier 11 is SEXY

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Tauren Paladin Tier 11 is SEXY

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna back down from my claim.

Preliminary T9 for Horde Paladins is a good example. They were using a Red, Chatreuse and Orange-Yellow as the main scheme, too bad it doesnt fall anywhere near what true tri-color schemes are: Split-Complementary and Tri-adic. It was only aggravated because they were using two tertiary colors, and let's not even go with hue/saturation.

Luckily, the art team actually fixed that and went with a duochrome theme instead, but Color Theory can make or break a design.

And this is something I got to know by hanging out with my friends who are actually colorists for IDW and Disney. My disney friend actually wanted to stab her eyes out after seeing the troll bear/cat forms.

Actually, I should give the team props for T10, they got it mostly right but that's because they went mostly with Duochrome themes for plate. The only exception was the 251ilvl Paladin set, but it was actually done properly.

I'm not trying to dispute your credentials or your opinions about what the sets look like. All I said was that looking at the end result of the huge constraint puzzle that is allocating time and resources to content creation for a game like this, and trying to make conclusions about the knowledge or skill set of Blizzard's art team from it, is decidedly wrong.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I'm not trying to dispute your credentials or your opinions about what the sets look like. All I said was that looking at the end result of the huge constraint puzzle that is allocating time and resources to content creation for a game like this, and trying to make conclusions about the knowledge or skill set of Blizzard's art team from it, is decidedly wrong.

Point Taken.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Malthrax » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I'm not trying to dispute your credentials or your opinions about what the film looks like. All I said was that looking at the end result of the huge constraint puzzle that is allocating time and resources to content creation for a movie like this, and trying to make conclusions about the knowledge or skill set of Disney's art team from it, is decidedly wrong.

No, its pretty much spot-on :D

Hello, Academy Awards.
Malthrax

Postby Griffith » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Klaudandus wrote:She was a colorist, later moved to the storyboard section but she doesn't work there anymore. She quit. She's currently working on her masters. =P

Either way, it doesn't matter, Color Theory -IS- Color Theory, and you have to learn it, whether you go to Cornish, or SCAD, or any other Art & Design program.

and just like all theory, it can manipulated in many different ways to fit many different means
Griffith

Postby Neptuno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:47 pm

come on, how can you guys not love this? ill just mount up and pretend im a druid in flight form
Neptuno

Postby Dantriges » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:04 pm

It´s probably a bit too harsh to call their knowledge or skills into question. If they produce subpar stuff they should be told so. Sometimes "I don´t have time", "We don´t have the resources" are just pretty excuses to hide behind and to tell yourself. Sometimes designers need to be reminded that there is still work to do and the work they did, is crap.
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:03 am

And that is exactly what happened with the T9 Horde Paladin set. I remember that thread grew to be 143 pages in 2-3 days =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Yelena » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:And that is exactly what happened with the T9 Horde Paladin set. I remember that thread grew to be 143 pages in 2-3 days =P

And the Alliance set was somehow better looking? That was almost more "Avenger'ish" than T3. Yes, I know this is subjective.

In any case, I believe the one thing I hate most about T9 was the onset of the horrendous over-sized belts.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Well, the alliance had can openers for shoulders but they had really good color schemes. The original T9 for horde paladins had them decked in bright red, bright gold and neon avocado green. The removed the green from the final version and changed it to rust and desaturated the red and the gold accents.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Levantine » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Ahahaha, I remember that. Fuck that was a funny set.

PS Don't be hatin troll druid forms, yo.
Levantine

Postby Nakama » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Like I said here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7057&sid=1

I think only the Rogue T11 is decent. The rest look f'ing terrible.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 am

Idk... I actually like the way this looks... will it cause me to change races to see it on a Tauren? Not likely, but I typically don't pick my race based on how the armor sets look on them or how their racials interact with the class (Tauren Hunter anyone?) I just play the races I like that can actually choose the class I want (note, I currenly have maybe 1 Orc character on my account that is on a server I don't log into anymore.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sonic » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Looks interesting on a Tauren. Though the belt/boots.

I'm really tired of wearing warrior/dk belt/boots as a tank or ret spec. Only holy gets the actual 100% set look. I don't understand why it's so hard to code boots/belt to look like the paladin set when worn by the paladin. They already have code to make chest gear look different on male/female. Can't be that hard to do it for a class.
Sonic

Postby bldavis » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 pm

i agree our T11 set is ...interesting, but it is a hell of a lot better then aquaman...er hunter T11

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:53 pm

If you raise your arms straight up does your head get encased in a protective shell? Could this possibly be a defensive CD on a short timer?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm