Remove Advertisements

Shade of Aran questions

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shade of Aran questions

Postby Boudi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 am

Hey folks,

i've been reading around a bit regarding this encounter and i'm kinda wondering if there are any videos around about this specific fight. If you know a few or can help me look please post yur thing.

I'm aware this isn't a tankadin favoured fight and that i better bring me healing gear. Yet i still like to see the encounter in a movie so i can go in prepared (and no matter how many times you watch a video...fighting the boss yourself is going to be a unique experience that has to be learned anways).

Btw, please do not post youtube links as it's blocked by the office's firewall :roll:
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Korath » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:52 am

No videos but its a pretty simple fight.

Aggro isnt an issue as he isnt tankable so give everyone kings for that little bit of extra survivablity.

Have people interupt his spells (Fire is most important), Move out of blizzard (best to cross the room), when he pulls everyone into the middle run out before he AOEs, during flame wreath DONT MOVE! No-one even think of moving!

40% he spawns 4 elementals, banish and fear them while you deal with them.

If he runs out of mana he sheeps everyone and then does a mass fireball

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby adese » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:22 am

There is a thread over on Tankspot that has a video of each boss in Kara. I don't know where the videos are from, so I'm sorry if it's YouTube.
adese

Postby Lev » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:17 am

What i do in that fight:
- Buff Kings or anything else, that helps our dps
- Judge Crusader
- Turn on my wings and sd trinket if available
- Start stacking SoV
- Judge Wisdom
- Judge and reseal vengeance and use exorcism for some extra dps
- Try to keep 80% of my mana for elemental spawn and/or 20% phase
- When elementals spawn, try do get the aggro of at least 2 of them.
Lev

Postby Vagrant » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:32 am

Save your bubble for the sheep/pyro volley.
When sheep ends, quickly bubble up and there's one less person to heal.
Vagrant

Postby Boudi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:00 am

i forgot to reply and say thanks for the info ^^

so: Tank you kindly ;)
Boudi

Postby Gryfalia » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:24 am

Plus you can help your slower reacting raid-mates survive by cleansing to help them run from the Arcane BOOM!
And more info I'm not smart enough to make pretty:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Gryfalia
Gryfalia

Postby Enkoram » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Shade interupts...

There seems to be some discussion w/in our Raid group about which spells to interupt when doing the Shade fight.

I put on my healing gear, and heal and cleanse, but we can't seem to get him down.

WHICH spells do you interupt? (rogues, warriors, etc.. obviously we can't - can he be counterspelled, or Curse of Tongues, etc?)

Thanks
Enkoram

Postby Grigsby » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:37 pm

It's only worth interrupting the Fire and Frost Spells.

Arcane Missile the Mana Cost is taken at the beginning of the cast (As opposed to end of cast for Fire/Ice) so you aren't saving anything by disrupting them.

If you are playing healer, and he's casting arcane missile's, target the player getting hit and just give them a couple quick heals.

And depending on how many interrupts you have you may need to setup a rotation for people to interrupt spells. I.e. you will interrupt the next fire/ice spell when it's your turn, and when you use your interrupt call out and the next person in line is up.

And never ignore the Elementals!! They will wipe a raid at full health very quickly.
Grigsby

Postby Zeels » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Grigsby wrote:It's only worth interrupting the Fire and Frost Spells.

Arcane Missile the Mana Cost is taken at the beginning of the cast (As opposed to end of cast for Fire/Ice) so you aren't saving anything by disrupting them.

If you are playing healer, and he's casting arcane missile's, target the player getting hit and just give them a couple quick heals.

And depending on how many interrupts you have you may need to setup a rotation for people to interrupt spells. I.e. you will interrupt the next fire/ice spell when it's your turn, and when you use your interrupt call out and the next person in line is up.

And never ignore the Elementals!! They will wipe a raid at full health very quickly.

That was one of out bads, ignored the elementals. Went a lot smoother by nuking them down.

Also be aware of his mana and health level so you don't get both elementals and pyro at the same time.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:09 am

Enkoram wrote:Shade interupts...

There seems to be some discussion w/in our Raid group about which spells to interupt when doing the Shade fight.

I put on my healing gear, and heal and cleanse, but we can't seem to get him down.

WHICH spells do you interupt? (rogues, warriors, etc.. obviously we can't - can he be counterspelled, or Curse of Tongues, etc?)

Thanks
Frost and Fire spells. There's little use interrupting Arcane since he has already spent the mana anyway, and if all his schools are locked he'll use his normal aggro table and melee someone, usually a warlock or mage. That messes things a bit and because he's moving a lot, reduces melee dps. If you guys can't get him to spawn adds long before running OOM, let him cast only Arcane freely(it's the easiest to heal through too). Other than that it's a fight where your dps has to wake the hell up, fear and banish are big additions to the add phase(they're fragile, and can die during the fear if focus fired)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:24 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Enkoram wrote:Shade interupts...

Thanks
Frost and Fire spells. There's little use interrupting Arcane since he has already spent the mana anyway, and if all his schools are locked he'll use his normal aggro table and melee someone, usually a warlock or mage. That messes things a bit and because he's moving a lot, reduces melee dps. If you guys can't get him to spawn adds long before running OOM, let him cast only Arcane freely(it's the easiest to heal through too). Other than that it's a fight where your dps has to wake the hell up, fear and banish are big additions to the add phase(they're fragile, and can die during the fear if focus fired)

The other thing to note too is that he will only Poly ONCE. That's my understanding, anyway. Some people would argue that, if you can get the poly early enough, you won't have to worry bout getting poly'd with elementals up. Druids can avoid the poly in Tree form and get hots up. The pyroblast is supposed to only affect melee so if people have a pot/hs/whatever, they can cover themselves.

Not saying it's a smart strategy since it's obvious that this is nothing more than a DPS fight with gimmicks but it could be viable ;)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Boudi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 am

done aran a few nights ago and i really enjoyed the encounter. Saved the group from a wipe when the elementals spawned and was able to provide enough support to make the healing a bit easier aswell.

There should be more of this kind of encounters in 5-mans!
Boudi

Return to Karazhan