SSC: Tanking Fathom Lord Karathress

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Stulvan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:30 am

No, it only hits people with mana or this fight would be quite impossible. You can't keep all tanks above 50% all the time. During one fight while I tanked the hunter I got hit for 40k by the bolt in total. No other tanks were hit by it.
Stulvan

Postby Slamdorff » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:48 am

Can the Shadow Bolt then hit you also, if youre tanking Karathress himself?
Slamdorff

Postby Deimosfobos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:08 am

I have tanked all, priest, shamy, hunter and Lord... they all are doable by a pally.

Pallys can easily tank hunter/pet, thats why they are usually told to tank him. Tanking Lord is not that hard, the shamy hits much harder.
Deimosfobos

Postby adese » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:16 am

Slamdorff wrote:Can the Shadow Bolt then hit you also, if youre tanking Karathress himself?

I successfully MTed Karathress last night, and while I noticed that my health got low a few times, I'm not sure if it was due to the shadow bolt or not. When I get home from work tonight, I'm going to upload a WWS parse, so I'll try to look into it further at that point.
adese

Postby adese » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:55 pm

adese wrote:
Slamdorff wrote:Can the Shadow Bolt then hit you also, if youre tanking Karathress himself?

I successfully MTed Karathress last night, and while I noticed that my health got low a few times, I'm not sure if it was due to the shadow bolt or not. When I get home from work tonight, I'm going to upload a WWS parse, so I'll try to look into it further at that point.

I've uploaded the combat log from the run last night. The FLK kill is available here. Based on that, it looks like I took 4 shadow hits, with an average hit of 9k. I think I had about 18-19k health unbuffed last night, so sadly I would say that a paladin MT will get hit by the shadow bolts.
adese

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern