Rested @ lvl 79.9?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Rested @ lvl 79.9?

Postby Téuntjûh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 am

Problem is you'll have to fly all around Northrend to hand in those group quests, takes too long.
If there is a rested cap I think i'm just gonna lvl my pally first, gonna run in the new content just before the majority of the people so I won't have any problems with questitems/questmobs and Ill find only pro people in the dungeons (as the nabs are still 2 lvls too low then)
Téuntjûh

Postby mclem » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:12 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Braundo wrote:The way I see it, it'll take a long time and a lot of headaches (at least if you try to pug anything) to grind out 4,000 Justice Points on the level 85 heroics. 4,000 Justice Points that I earn by roflfarming Wrath heroics before Cataclysm is 4,000 less Justice Points that I'll have to earn at level 85.

Thats exactly how I look at it too. After 4.0.1 I was at like 7.5k JP and I constantly buy gems to keep me just under the 4k cap. I think my guild is one of the few rare ones that is still working on progression. We just got 9/12 heroic which pushed us to I think #4 on the realm (small realm with no real progression... no heroic LK kill on Ravenfail). It will be real nice to be able to buy a couple of pieces of gear right off the bat.

I actually gamed the numbers of emblems a bit prior to the conversion so I ended up with 1k justice points (and a massive wodge of gold). Since our guild are still raiding regularly (albeit with a slightly lighter outlook; mainly doing it as a communal exercise) I've already made it back up to the cap again.

I'm slightly surprised I've not heard anything about overspill JP converting to gold (other than the one-offs for the capping process); it'd make a nice parallel with the current system for overspill XP, and would hopefully stave off any issues with the 80-85 process, where I'll be earning JP but won't have anything particularly interesting (or financially lucrative) to spend them on.
mclem

Postby Braundo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 am

mclem wrote:the 80-85 process, where I'll be earning JP

I'm pretty sure nothing in Cataclysm rewards JP prior to the level 85 heroics.

EDIT: Well, the first random non-heroic Dungeon Finder dungeon each day gives you a few, I think. But the dungeons themselves don't.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Neptuno » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Braundo wrote:
mclem wrote:the 80-85 process, where I'll be earning JP

I'm pretty sure nothing in Cataclysm rewards JP prior to the level 85 heroics.

EDIT: Well, the first random non-heroic Dungeon Finder dungeon each day gives you a few, I think. But the dungeons themselves don't.

VP you mean...

I think the summary of this thread is "No, level to 80... only rested status you should have is sleeping 12 hours on Dec 6 so you can stay up forever." There's no advantage to coming in to Cata with 0 JP, but likely you'll be getting some JP along the way to 85, so being at 4k already may mean you lose out on a tiny amount... so get to 4k the last week before release and be happy about it.
Neptuno

Postby degre » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:46 am

boston2k4 wrote:Instead of dailies and such.. why not find all the high xp reward dungeon quests? thats what i kinda have lined up with heirloom gear waiting as well, and im only a big bad 78!
and alot of them without the gear say they will give 41000 xp i got 8 quests completed just sitting in the log im not sure how much they will go down but it still will be worth more than a dialy.. just a thought

Not only, as already mentioned, these quest will waste you lots of time traveling, but lots of people have completed those quest and don't have a single quest in all Northrend available anymore, hence the talking about dailies, they're good for all and they're grouped in hubs.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Braundo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

Neptuno wrote:VP you mean...

I meant specifically your first daily non-heroic random dungeon. If it's like the way things worked pre-4.0.1, the first daily heroic would give you bonus VP (in addition to JP from the bosses), and the first daily non-heroic would just give you some bonus JP.

It's also entirely possible that they announced that even non-heroics would give VP, and I'm just wrong. There's been a lot of news lately. :lol:
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 am

Braundo wrote:

I meant specifically your first daily non-heroic random dungeon. If it's like the way things worked pre-4.0.1, the first daily heroic would give you bonus VP (in addition to JP from the bosses), and the first daily non-heroic would just give you some bonus JP.

It's also entirely possible that they announced that even non-heroics would give VP, and I'm just wrong. There's been a lot of news lately. :lol:

no i am pretty sure you're right
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Kelaan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 am

boston2k4 wrote:Instead of dailies and such.. why not find all the high xp reward dungeon quests?

I believe part of it is that it's not all about raw XP, but about xp/hour, in some respects. Dalies can be turned in almost all in one general location, whereas flying from Storm peaks to Icecrown to Azjol-Nerub etc takes time that you could be spending questing in new zones.
Kelaan

Postby Neptuno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Braundo wrote:

well, your previous post said "I'm pretty sure nothing in Cataclysm rewards JP prior to the level 85 heroics" which is different than "a few JP per day," but i do agree that JP should be at nearly 4k when you start since you won't get many if you're hurrying to 85.

The only thing I can think of else would be "Do the 85 blues require you to be 85 to purchase or can you buy one as soon as Cata goes live?"
Neptuno

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:27 pm

All Cata vendor items require you to be the correct level to purchase them.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:31 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:All Cata vendor items require you to be the correct level to purchase them.

This already live on the game. I tried to buy some level 20 greens from one of the traveling road vendors in Red Ridge, and was not able to do so. Kept getting the error message that I had to be level 20 to purchase the items, and I was not.
Palisade

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am

Palisade wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:All Cata vendor items require you to be the correct level to purchase them.

This already live on the game. I tried to buy some level 20 greens from one of the traveling road vendors in Red Ridge, and was not able to do so. Kept getting the error message that I had to be level 20 to purchase the items, and I was not.

Yeah, figured as much, but it would nice... I bought a relic for an shaman at 75 from getting daily triumph emblems but after patch couldn't get a wrathful weapon at 79 on a lock... was hoping it was just the pvp stuff :(
Neptuno

Previous

Return to Cataclysm