Remove Advertisements

Bear rotation in 4.0

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Does anyone have a good grasp of the bear rotation (priority queue) for 4.0?

My guess is is Mangle > Lacerate > Pulverize at 3 Lacerates, fill in with Mauls, but I have the feeling I'm missing something.

Anyone with any insights?
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby sculder » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 am

Gamingdevil wrote:Does anyone have a good grasp of the bear rotation (priority queue) for 4.0?

My guess is is Mangle > Lacerate > Pulverize at 3 Lacerates, fill in with Mauls, but I have the feeling I'm missing something.

Anyone with any insights?


You're not missing much at all, except swipe as another rage dump. You keep mangle on cd, keep pulverize up, keep a 3 stack of lacerates up, and maul on cd if you have enough rage.
User avatar
sculder
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 am

sculder wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Does anyone have a good grasp of the bear rotation (priority queue) for 4.0?

My guess is is Mangle > Lacerate > Pulverize at 3 Lacerates, fill in with Mauls, but I have the feeling I'm missing something.

Anyone with any insights?


You're not missing much at all, except swipe as another rage dump. You keep mangle on cd, keep pulverize up, keep a 3 stack of lacerates up, and maul on cd if you have enough rage.


How do you swipe? From the limited testing I did on a dummy, I barely had enough GCD's to do what I described above.

Also, do you spam Lacerate until you have 3 or weave in Mangle/Maul on CD?
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby sculder » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:How do you swipe? From the limited testing I did on a dummy, I barely had enough GCD's to do what I described above.

Also, do you spam Lacerate until you have 3 or weave in Mangle/Maul on CD?


I rarely swipe single target because of the GCD loss, but occasionally you'll have pulverize up, mangle on cd, a triple stack of lacerate, and a bunch of rage. Similar to being forced to drop consecration during a boss fight, if all your cds line up in such a way.

As for lacerate, I always hit mangle when it comes up, even if I don't have a triple stack of lacerate. The only case where that's not the case is if I don't have pulverize up and mangle is still up on the target, in which case I'd get 3x lacerates to pulverize.

I'm not a total expert on bears, but that's what I do with great results :)
User avatar
sculder
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 pm

sculder wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:How do you swipe? From the limited testing I did on a dummy, I barely had enough GCD's to do what I described above.

Also, do you spam Lacerate until you have 3 or weave in Mangle/Maul on CD?


I rarely swipe single target because of the GCD loss, but occasionally you'll have pulverize up, mangle on cd, a triple stack of lacerate, and a bunch of rage. Similar to being forced to drop consecration during a boss fight, if all your cds line up in such a way.

As for lacerate, I always hit mangle when it comes up, even if I don't have a triple stack of lacerate. The only case where that's not the case is if I don't have pulverize up and mangle is still up on the target, in which case I'd get 3x lacerates to pulverize.

I'm not a total expert on bears, but that's what I do with great results :)


So, get your debuffs/buffs up, Mangle asap, don't bother with Maul unless you have 3 stacks of Lacerate, Pulverize is up and Mangle is on cooldown.

Thanks.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Palmela » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:34 pm

FFF? I'd guess you're doing that on the pull though, from what I've read about bear(Not much as cat is my druids MS) maul has a really low TPR rating and isnt even worth the rage unless you're on a raid boss with full vengeance. Otherwise the above is pretty much what I am doing right now, just didn't see anyone mention FFF which should be up right off the bat.
Image
Image
Image
Palmela
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:40 pm

FFF is now Sunder and stacks 3 times.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby ryan4nayr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Palmela wrote:FFF? I'd guess you're doing that on the pull though

Sculder briefly mentioned putting buffs/debuffs up, that should include FFF as you pull.

Due to the new Feral Aggression and new debuff duration, FFF has become just a pulling tool.
User avatar
ryan4nayr
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:37 am

so on pull its FFF-charge-mangle-laceratex3-pulverize-ragedumps

wat about demo roar?
or would that be in between FFF and charge?
or am i totally off now? (havent tanked on my druid since 4.0.1)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7336
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby sculder » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:41 pm

bldavis wrote:so on pull its FFF-charge-mangle-laceratex3-pulverize-ragedumps

wat about demo roar?
or would that be in between FFF and charge?
or am i totally off now? (havent tanked on my druid since 4.0.1)


I usually throw in mauls almost on cd if my rage will allow it, to help with initial threat. Demo roar, if not put up by someone else, is usually after my pulverize. My pull for bosses is FFF > charge > mangle/maul combo > lacerate > lacerate > lacerate/maul > pulverize. Usually I have more than enough rage to hit maul on cd for almost the whole fight, especially in the beginning if you pop berserk.
User avatar
sculder
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Astronomic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:04 am

My pull is typically thorns -> rejuv -> bear form -> FF -> enrage -> mangle -> lacerate/maul -> lacerate -> lacerate -> think mangle is off CD at this point so mangle again/maul -> pulverize -> lacerate -> BERSERK/maul.
If you do not have 4set t10 bonus use barkskin to balance out the increased damage taken from enrage.
During berserk I literally am just mashing maul/mangle for 20seconds.
I'm at 6k GS and this does enough agro to stay ahead of our mage doing ~21k.
I do realize he has mirror images out but my threat meter on omen is still ahead of his.
once the fight goes on just keep up the 9% pulverize, always have lacerates on target, maul every CD, lacerate every CD. The DPS's agro amounts should level out over time and you will start pulling away.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 am

Image
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Astronomic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 am

OP bear does not get dizzy!
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Corpsegrinder » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I'll have to agree, here's what I do first if needed before I get mobs. If I have no rage, I shift out of bear form, then back into for a quick 10 rage so I can charge. Pending on how many mobs there are is what my rotation is. if it's multipule. I'll first use swipe if there's more than two, to get aggro, maul if there's only two, then I'll use maul, then lacerate the mob I have targeted already twice, tab, lacerate, tab lacerate, until I have all the mobs lacerated. Then I utilize the berserk for consecutive mangle's on all victums. Of course I toss in swipe here and there when it's up. Enrage is also in my rotation, but only if I find myself rage starved. Pulverize is of course only used after 3 stacks of lacerate. However FFF? I have yet to configure that into my rotation yet for mob pulls.

now for single target, charge of course if I have the rage, not gonna shift out of bear form for just one target...therefore I just auto attack for a quick rage gain to use growl. Swipe's never used ever, nor is maul since I have the glyph. I just basically use Lacerate 3 times, then mangle. Most of the time, I'm lucky enough for berserk to proc at that time, so I use mangle twice, then pulverize, then back to lacerate, rinse repeat.

Mind you...I never asked anyone the rotation, I just checked them out, BUT if my rotations are wrong, help is always appreciated :)
User avatar
Corpsegrinder
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Lok'tar!

Re: Bear rotation in 4.0

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 am

Why would you not Mangle ever on single target when you have the glyph? The glyph deals 50% damage of the attack to a secondary target, the damage to the main target is unchanged.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Image
User avatar
Gamingdevil
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am
Location: Belgium

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 0 guests