Remove Advertisements

Any COD:BO PC players?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Any COD:BO PC players?

Postby d503 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Anybody playing this on PC?

This will be occupying my time until Cata drops.

If you'd like to tag along on some games, shoot me a Steam invite - email: danlavelle{at}gmail{dot}com

Not doing a clan thing or anything huge, just looking to have some cool folks to play with.

Shoot me an email or a steam invite if you're interested!
d503

Re: Any COD:BO PC players?

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Haha, as a Call of Duty hater (fucking shockwave in space, MW2...) that picture brightens my night.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:22 am

lol, that picture is my Steam avatar :P

I've played a bit of Black Ops, but my friend is having way too many issues (the game is incredibly buggy as far as framerate, server browsing, and lag goes)... and it's not even worth it for him, so I'm not playing much until they fix the issues. I can't believe how badly they fucked over the PC version.

But... what little I have played has been freaking awesome :D
Belloc

Postby d503 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

Belloc wrote:lol, that picture is my Steam avatar :P

I've played a bit of Black Ops, but my friend is having way too many issues (the game is incredibly buggy as far as framerate, server browsing, and lag goes)... and it's not even worth it for him, so I'm not playing much until they fix the issues. I can't believe how badly they fucked over the PC version.

But... what little I have played has been freaking awesome :D

Yeah, sadly it takes a pretty beefy rig to be playable right now to compensate for the poor Steam integration, and system resource bugs. I have an i7+gtx295 pc I built this year, so I'm doing ok, but I can see where it would just be downright unplayable on some people's older PCs.

I'm eagerly awaiting a patch as well, and hopefully more integration into your steam friends list (joining the same team in a party, etc.)
d503

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 am

Yeah, I was really surprised that I couldn't right-click on a steam friend and Join Game or send invites. It just seems like they didn't put any effort into those systems.

If MW2 had dedicated servers, I probably wouldn't have bought Black Ops :P
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am

Brutalicus wrote:Haha, as a Call of Duty hater (fucking shockwave in space, MW2...) that picture brightens my night.

Somehow, that was one of my textbook cases of Crowning Moment of Awesome. (OK, well, so was the subsequent level where they take away all your toys and make you go back to basics.)

I'm planning on getting the game, but don't know if I will play online.
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:43 am

Belloc wrote:Yeah, I was really surprised that I couldn't right-click on a steam friend and Join Game or send invites. It just seems like they didn't put any effort into those systems.

Apparently some CM said something to the effect of, "Well, you guys wanted Dedicated Servers...you lose some of the Steam integration and partying capabilities as a result..."

I hope they can at least get it to the point where I can click a friend and join on their game...I don't care about being on the same team as much as I care about playing with my buds.
d503

Postby sahiel » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 pm

I was going to get it, then I looked at the suggested specs and compared them to my PCs spec, then I picked myself up off the floor from laughing and I figured I wouldn't be getting it after all :)

:(
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

d503 wrote:
Belloc wrote:Yeah, I was really surprised that I couldn't right-click on a steam friend and Join Game or send invites. It just seems like they didn't put any effort into those systems.

Apparently some CM said something to the effect of, "Well, you guys wanted Dedicated Servers...you lose some of the Steam integration and partying capabilities as a result..."

I hope they can at least get it to the point where I can click a friend and join on their game...I don't care about being on the same team as much as I care about playing with my buds.

You can play with friends using the in-game friends menu... but I don't think you can start parties. It's annoying, for sure.
Belloc

Postby d503 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Belloc wrote:I hope they can at least get it to the point where I can click a friend and join on their game...I don't care about being on the same team as much as I care about playing with my buds.

You can play with friends using the in-game friends menu... but I don't think you can start parties. It's annoying, for sure.[/quote]

But you have to be on a server to invite a friend to that server...and if the server is full, then you have to send another invite...

Apparently they're making a fix to the server displays, so hopefully the "Friends" tab will start working.
d503

Postby Brutalicus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Brutalicus wrote:Haha, as a Call of Duty hater (fucking shockwave in space, MW2...) that picture brightens my night.

Somehow, that was one of my textbook cases of Crowning Moment of Awesome. (OK, well, so was the subsequent level where they take away all your toys and make you go back to basics.)

I'm planning on getting the game, but don't know if I will play online.

Was that the level in DC where shit was falling from the sky? That level was awesome. But I'm too far into fluids and mechanics classes to NOT call bullshit on a shockwave in space. It was cool at first, then a couple minutes later I went "Hey, wait... that can't happen..."
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Kelaan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Brutalicus wrote:I'm too far into fluids and mechanics classes to NOT call bullshit on a shockwave in space. It was cool at first, then a couple minutes later I went "Hey, wait... that can't happen..."

Oh, me too. It still looked cool. The station breaking apart was BS (I think) but the launch+bloom was neat, as was seeing the eastern seaboard go dark.
Kelaan

Postby Aubade » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:56 pm

My Store sold 193 copies of this yesterday, for PS3 Alone, almost 120 for Xbox360, 0 for the wii and 0 for the PC.... Sad day.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Kelaan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:26 am

I hope multiplayer is better than single player. It was good, but somehow didn't seem as epic as MW2 was. The plot was good, and there were some cool sequences, but ... I dunno. I'll have to play it again, to be sure. I miss the challenges levels (or maybe I haven't figured out how to access them).
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 am

Kelaan wrote:I hope multiplayer is better than single player. It was good, but somehow didn't seem as epic as MW2 was. The plot was good, and there were some cool sequences, but ... I dunno. I'll have to play it again, to be sure. I miss the challenges levels (or maybe I haven't figured out how to access them).

Multiplayer is damn fun. I haven't tried the wager matches yet, though those look really cool. I've mostly been sticking to HardCore DOM, HQ, DEMO.

For straightup XP gains, I would say play Hardcore HQ. If you have a pretty good run, you can get upwards of 50k xp from one match (lots of kills, high k:d, winning the match).
d503

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum