Remove Advertisements

Rested @ lvl 79.9?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Rested @ lvl 79.9?

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I think when you copy a char to the beta its fully rested.
But i dont think it will be like that on live when it happends.
Treck

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:06 pm

halabar wrote:On a related question for the beta folk, is there any new gear from justice points worth grinding and saving the points for?..

if you really feel like it you can hit the 4k cap and have 2x heroic blue pieces immediately at 85?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:On a related question for the beta folk, is there any new gear from justice points worth grinding and saving the points for?..

if you really feel like it you can hit the 4k cap and have 2x heroic blue pieces immediately at 85?

BlUE pieces for JPs?
Palisade

Postby Chicken » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Palisade wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

BlUE pieces for JPs?
JP = Heroic 5-man points = Heroic 5-man quality rewards
Chicken

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Braundo wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Just hit 80, and then the night before Cataclysm do 25 dailies but don't hand them in until the level cap is reached.

Not a bad idea. I think I remember people talking about doing this when Wrath launched. I might have to try this.

My ex did it for Wrath. Got him about 25% of a level if I remember correctly.

I remember discussions about this, but not the actual results. The general thought was that you might have to not-quite-complete the quests to get XP credit when turning them in, and that even if you went around turning in completed quests it wouldn't be much faster than just going to do new quests worth twice as much.

Personally I can't even be arsed to farm JP to the cap for ding-85 gear, so I won't be cluttering up my quest log. Rather have it nice and clean going in.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

I guess I just assumed the JP's at 85 would be used for epic level gear, even if it was a lower iLvl than what we will get for Valor gear. Do regular dungones @ 85 award JPs while heroic 5's award Valor?
Palisade

Postby Chicken » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:31 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Braundo wrote:Not a bad idea. I think I remember people talking about doing this when Wrath launched. I might have to try this.

My ex did it for Wrath. Got him about 25% of a level if I remember correctly.

I remember discussions about this, but not the actual results. The general thought was that you might have to not-quite-complete the quests to get XP credit when turning them in, and that even if you went around turning in completed quests it wouldn't be much faster than just going to do new quests worth twice as much.
I actually did the whole "Keep 25 dailies" thing going from TBC to WotLK. Was about 12.5k experience per daily, 312.5k experience total in other words. That was about 20% of what you needed to get to 71. You can just fully complete them before hand and still get the experience. That was just from doing a Ogri'la > Shattrath > Quel'danas trip.
Chicken

Postby Braundo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Palisade wrote:I guess I just assumed the JP's at 85 would be used for epic level gear, even if it was a lower iLvl than what we will get for Valor gear. Do regular dungones @ 85 award JPs while heroic 5's award Valor?

Valor points are going to be the currency for current-tier raiding throughout Cataclysm. In 3.3 terms, think "Justice Points = Triumph Badges" and "Valor Points = Frost Badges". Since raiding grants the first tier of epics, the tier below that is necessarily blues. (No heroics drop purples in Cataclysm that I've ever seen.)

Once the second tier of raids come out, you'll be able to get first-tier epics from heroics. You're not going to be getting pimped out in full purples just by chain-running heroics right off the bat, though.
Last edited by Braundo on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Palisade wrote:I guess I just assumed the JP's at 85 would be used for epic level gear, even if it was a lower iLvl than what we will get for Valor gear. Do regular dungones @ 85 award JPs while heroic 5's award Valor?

heroic dungeons @ 85 reward JPs
current raids @ 85 reward VPs
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Neptuno » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:55 pm

if you had a new toon, you could stop at 78.5 and have a full set of rested AND have Ardent Tourny, Hodir, Oracles/Frenzy quests good to turn in and you'd hit 80, with some extra rested. depending on how much gear you could get in the cata quests directly afterward, you could conceivably be viable, but rested xp is almost always just a wet dream in a new xpac. just take a nap and come back with a little rested.

make sure you log into alts to make sure the rested bar is moving for when it's their turn to start up the grind.
also, WTB Guild rep account wide... wtf is it having to grind on every toon?
Neptuno

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 pm

TO Clarify the points:

You can do 1 Random Heroic dungeon daily for X (70?) Valor Points. Successive Random Heroics award Justice points.
Heroic dungeon bosses award Justice Points.
Raid bosses award Valor Points.

Heroic dungeon bosses drop ilvl 346 blue gear.
Raid bosses drop ilvl 359 epic gear.

Justice Points purchase ilvl 346 blue gear.
Valor Points purchase ilvl 359 epic gear.

ALSO

Cataclysm rep faction quartermasters sell
333 blue (L83) stuff at Honored
346 blue stuff at Revered
359 epic stuff at Exalted

The harsh gear reset makes it extremely worth it to get Guardians of Hyjal/Earthen Ring to Honored while levelling so you can get some decent blue stuff by L83. Also the raid level epics at exalted are definitely worth more this time around since we don't have faceroll 25 man Naxx dropping a higher tier of gear.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm

So in other words, it's not worth it to grind JPs now. Better to save the grind for the rep once Cata hits.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Braundo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 pm

The way I see it, it'll take a long time and a lot of headaches (at least if you try to pug anything) to grind out 4,000 Justice Points on the level 85 heroics. 4,000 Justice Points that I earn by roflfarming Wrath heroics before Cataclysm is 4,000 less Justice Points that I'll have to earn at level 85.

I'm, of course, assuming that I'll have less-than-ideal loot luck with drops from Cataclysm dungeons, and that I won't be able to get 346-equivalent gear for every single slot from reputation or quests. So, having enough JP to buy two 346 pieces would help to fill in the gaps.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Braundo wrote:The way I see it, it'll take a long time and a lot of headaches (at least if you try to pug anything) to grind out 4,000 Justice Points on the level 85 heroics. 4,000 Justice Points that I earn by roflfarming Wrath heroics before Cataclysm is 4,000 less Justice Points that I'll have to earn at level 85.

Thats exactly how I look at it too. After 4.0.1 I was at like 7.5k JP and I constantly buy gems to keep me just under the 4k cap. I think my guild is one of the few rare ones that is still working on progression. We just got 9/12 heroic which pushed us to I think #4 on the realm (small realm with no real progression... no heroic LK kill on Ravenfail). It will be real nice to be able to buy a couple of pieces of gear right off the bat.
Arees

Postby boston2k4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Instead of dailies and such.. why not find all the high xp reward dungeon quests? thats what i kinda have lined up with heirloom gear waiting as well, and im only a big bad 78!
and alot of them without the gear say they will give 41000 xp i got 8 quests completed just sitting in the log im not sure how much they will go down but it still will be worth more than a dialy.. just a thought
boston2k4

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm