Professions

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Professions

Postby Anubelle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 am

By the way, to those that are banking on Blizzard to add a competitive Stamina enchant for bracers, I wouldn't bet my life on it. Remember that Inscription for example never got a Stamina alternative for tanks throughout WotLK.

Now they'll even have their whole "stacking stamina isn't that important in the context of Cataclysm raiding" argument to counter requests for this.
Anubelle

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:47 am

Tantrim wrote:
lythac wrote:Your way looking at final numbers puts JC at 303 and BS at 120. Does that sound right to you?

Thats not what i get from final numbers no.. you compare the bonuses.. bonuses are not final numbers.

I was adding to your post, the question was to Palisade as they were the numbers he was using.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Tantrim » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 am

Anubelle wrote:By the way, to those that are banking on Blizzard to add a competitive Stamina enchant for bracers, I wouldn't bet my life on it. Remember that Inscription for example never got a Stamina alternative for tanks throughout WotLK.

Now they'll even have their whole "stacking stamina isn't that important in the context of Cataclysm raiding" argument to counter requests for this.

The +40 sta enchant was added a little late.. *looking at old patch notes* patch 3.0.8 i believe. It wasnt there for wotlk launch ( patch 3.0.8 )
Tantrim

Postby Tantrim » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am

lythac wrote:
Tantrim wrote:
lythac wrote:Your way looking at final numbers puts JC at 303 and BS at 120. Does that sound right to you?

Thats not what i get from final numbers no.. you compare the bonuses.. bonuses are not final numbers.

I was adding to your post, the question was to Palisade as they were the numbers he was using.

Sorry, misinterpreted. no harm done i hope? :)
Tantrim

Postby Kraziness » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 am

I am a blacksmith/engineer and would not change those professions at the cost of a large financial dump for a minimal gain. I thousand HP isn't going to keep anyone from completing any certain bosses. Blizz wouldn't ever develop a fight where you had to have a tank with so specific profeesion that you couldn't complete it. For me it boils down to what is the most fun, because after all it's a game and it is meant to be fun.
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:09 am

Sure, and I feel the same way. But for some, the fun is getting the absolute maximum out of your character, getting the highest possible HP bar while still being completely effective elsewhere.
Palisade

Postby Braundo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 am

Kraziness wrote:I am a blacksmith/engineer and would not change those professions at the cost of a large financial dump for a minimal gain. I thousand HP isn't going to keep anyone from completing any certain bosses. Blizz wouldn't ever develop a fight where you had to have a tank with so specific profeesion that you couldn't complete it. For me it boils down to what is the most fun, because after all it's a game and it is meant to be fun.

It's not that there would ever be an encounter where you had to have a specific profession combination, but for people who care about min-maxing, even a 0.1% survivability/stats boost means something. I agree that I wouldn't consider it worth it to relevel a profession completely just for that small boost, but the point is that there are some people on here who would. If you're in a guild that takes bleeding edge progression seriously, then it may be worth it to get every single advantage available to you, no matter how miniscule or how great the time-to-reward ratio may be.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 am

Braundo wrote:
Anubelle wrote:Anyway I'm glad I made this post. Someone mentioned the availability of the Figurine - Earthen Guardian trinket and that alone guarantees that it's worth it to stick to JC for at least the first few weeks of the expansion.

The other thing that I noticed is that (well, based on the data we have available now, anyway) the JC-only trinkets aren't Unique-Equipped like previous ones have been. You couldn't use both Use effects, but you could stack two to get an easy Stamina boost while starting out, perhaps.

There's another trinket with Mastery that could be stackable in the same way, potentially.

The JC trinkets aren't trainer patterns this time around.
They start from a drop, which gives a quest, which gives the item on completion.

It's probably safe to assume that they can't drop again after you've done the quest, though I'm not certain about that.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 am

Kelaan wrote:
Malthrax wrote:wait... I can do engineering +armor and engineering rawrketlawlcher on the same pair of gloves????

I don't believe you can.

You can stack an engineering tinker with a (use) effect (e.g., rocket launcher, MC dish, rocket boots, parachute) with a NON-TINKER enhancement (e.g., haste for cloak, helm enchant, icewalker, AP for gloves).

Wrong. The engineering armor tinker for gloves is still classified as a regular enchant. I have both engineering tinkers on my gloves.
Digren

Postby Digren » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am

Tantrim wrote:Bah why doesnt wowheads item search show that but it shows the green and the chimera?

That's why I'm using mmo-champ database links now. Wowhead will catch up but they're falling behind right now.
Digren

Postby Digren » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:34 am

Marsha wrote:50 expertise on my bracers is what I'll be using at 85. It rocks.

Assuming you need the threat. If not, but you could use stamina to stay alive longer, you're completely wasting the stats.
Digren

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 am

Zalaria wrote:
The JC trinkets aren't trainer patterns this time around.
They start from a drop, which gives a quest, which gives the item on completion.

It's probably safe to assume that they can't drop again after you've done the quest, though I'm not certain about that.

Boo! Fail Blizz is Fail
Palisade

Postby Braundo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 am

Zalaria wrote:The JC trinkets aren't trainer patterns this time around.

Oh, right! I forgot about that! *head slap*

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see whether you can get multiple. It's kind of a shame that it's going to be dependent on luck somewhat, however.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Anubelle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:33 am

Hmm, that seems pretty convincing, although I did find this on Wowhead.
Anubelle

Postby cerwillis » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 am

Can anyone clarify for me what the drop item means by "requires restoration"?

Thanks, Willis
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm