Remove Advertisements

How to pull in 4.0.1?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: How to pull in 4.0.1?

Postby Dazhbog » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm

For bosses, I've had reasonable success with Wings->Exo->(Focused) AS, a Judgment on the way in, and then diving straight into the 939 rotation with a Crusader Strike. I use Consecrate and Holy Wrath as the two "nines" on the first rotation, barring GC procs of course. If things are still being ripped, I'll use HoR and yell at the DPS (you're totally allowed to tell the DPS to hold off for five seconds or so. Hell, I'm glad to get my BC Raid Tank Shouty Voice out of storage, it was getting dusty).

I also smack Bubblewall as the boss hits me, so I don't have to worry about wasting HoPo on a low point ShoR or WoG.
Dazhbog

Postby blakk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 pm

I haven't been doing much on my pally since 4.0 but the general single target opener i've used is hand+AS+939. I've yet to see a DPS who pulls off but I've also not seen a 13k+dps.
blakk

Postby Awyndel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am

Well I've been Trying AS and judge then CS and go from there. Throw in a hand if ppl are twitchy. You will have to substitute one of your 9's with consecrate if GrCr doesn't proc. If you have HP left before a pull you can either shield slam early or put up HS/absorb with a WoG.

If we get the DP changes I suppose we can start with a 3 HP shieldslam. Pretty ridiculous.
Awyndel

Postby Discus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 am

Well I've been doing it completely wrong - after reading on here that crusader strike was useless for prot, I've been using HoR to gain HP and never CS. I tried both on training dummies and both single and multiple target HoR out performs CS every time.
Discus

Postby gimmeit » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Discus wrote:Well I've been doing it completely wrong - after reading on here that crusader strike was useless for prot, I've been using HoR to gain HP and never CS. I tried both on training dummies and both single and multiple target HoR out performs CS every time.

Really? I might have to check again, but CS was a just a bit higher than HoR for me. That's including 2-set bonus and glyph.

Otherwise...for aoe pulls, I usually throw shield, then run up with HoR, wrath, HoR, judge, etc.

For single pull (ie boss) I cast exorcism, then AS, then either a judge (since it's up a bit quicker) or CS. Not much different pre-patch, I think I started throwing in HoRec after Exor. Lately, I've literally only used it as "taunt" to grab a mob that wasn't targeting me.
gimmeit

Postby JudgeM » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:51 am

Well I have some problems with aggro the first 15 seconds of the fight as well.

I pull with AS then pop-macro with wings, haste pot and aggro trinket when i use one.

Some of my team m8s get close to me anyway. Any suggestions?
JudgeM

Postby edsdame » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 am

JudgeM wrote:Well I have some problems with aggro the first 15 seconds of the fight as well.

I pull with AS then pop-macro with wings, haste pot and aggro trinket when i use one.

Some of my team m8s get close to me anyway. Any suggestions?

Your teammates should wait, till you get a normal amount of threat. That's how it works now.
edsdame

Postby JudgeM » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 am

Waiting for DPS is out, didnt you know that ? ;-)

No seriously, I have the feeling that other tanking classes have a better start then we pallys have.
JudgeM

Postby Olen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:50 am

Other classes do have better opening threat than pallies, thats no secret. We're tied to a 3 holy power SotR. I don't find it an issue anymore, just disappointing doing less damage than I did before the patch, until Vengeance stacks then its stupid high threat.
Olen

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents