Remove Advertisements

Poll: CS or HoTH?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

I want to know which skill are you using for single target.

Crusader Strike
84%
Hammer of the Righteous
16%

Total votes : 38

Re: Pool CS or HoTH?

Postby Alixander » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Otuel wrote:Yep. My muscle memory sometimes reverts back to old habits so I need to pound the right movements now when the content isn't quite so dangerous. Good training is more important to me right now than the gain I would get from bad balancing.

-Ot
Man, fuck my muscle memory. I find myself almost automatically going back and hitting what I should be hitting next on the 969 rotation now. Dammit!

So yeah, training myself to use CS now.
Alixander

Re: Pool CS or HoTH?

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 am

Alixander wrote:
Otuel wrote:Yep. My muscle memory sometimes reverts back to old habits so I need to pound the right movements now when the content isn't quite so dangerous. Good training is more important to me right now than the gain I would get from bad balancing.

-Ot
Man, fuck my muscle memory. I find myself almost automatically going back and hitting what I should be hitting next on the 969 rotation now. Dammit!

So yeah, training myself to use CS now.

You could just use 2 pages to lay your bars out. Page 1 has CS in the place that Hammer normally was, and page 2 has Hammer in the place that CS just was. That's how I have mine laid out. If I need to switch from "aoe" to single-target, I simply have to shift+scroll up to do so, or shift+Up arrow.

Much easier than retraining your muscle memory, and saves you some bar space.
d503

Re: Poll: CS or HoTH?

Postby Jenkz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 am

Right now I am not using CS for single target. It is most likely my lack of gear since I am not using my dkp but I noticed about 2k-5k difference in TPS roughly. Hammer right now is giving me the max threat I need but I have my bar setup so I can just adjust my hand placement on the keyboard so I can switch between CS or HoTH whenever I want. Once the expansion comes out I will be using CS.
Jenkz

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Jenkz wrote:Right now I am not using CS for single target. It is most likely my lack of gear since I am not using my dkp but I noticed about 2k-5k difference in TPS roughly. Hammer right now is giving me the max threat I need but I have my bar setup so I can just adjust my hand placement on the keyboard so I can switch between CS or HoTH whenever I want. Once the expansion comes out I will be using CS.

You are using a fast tank weapon which is why hotR is hitting harder. Switch over to a slow DPS weapon and you should see a significant change in damage.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jenkz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Flex wrote:
Jenkz wrote:Right now I am not using CS for single target. It is most likely my lack of gear since I am not using my dkp but I noticed about 2k-5k difference in TPS roughly. Hammer right now is giving me the max threat I need but I have my bar setup so I can just adjust my hand placement on the keyboard so I can switch between CS or HoTH whenever I want. Once the expansion comes out I will be using CS.

You are using a fast tank weapon which is why hotR is hitting harder. Switch over to a slow DPS weapon and you should see a significant change in damage.

ahhhh ok that makes sense. I will keep an eye out for one. thanks
Jenkz

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents