Remove Advertisements

Deathwing goes burninating!

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Mozen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:54 am

I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level. 8)

In essence we would be fighting multiple raid bosses in each phase of the Deathwing fight, while the dragons keep Deathwing busy. It would be even better if the way we fight the adds are somehow variable. Say we need to get a different buff or debuff from one of the friendly dragons to fight each of the adds properly, or if the adds will behave differently depending on which dragon we have helping us, so we could go in with a melee heavy or caster heavy raid and not experience any major disadvantage either way.

But I can understand people want to get a few wacks on Deathwing, so maybe after the adds are down, we enter "phase 2" and get to tank the final 45% or so.

There was a joke going on among some friends when beta client was first leaked and someone posted a HUGE Deathwing model. We were joking about having a raid of five regular five-man groups (i.e. 5 tanks, 5 healers, 15 DPS), each group is responsible for tanking, healing and damaging a different part of Deathwing, like the head, left claw, right claw, tail, and then one group gets sent into that gigantic mouth to take out Deathwing's heart. :lol:
Mozen

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:54 am

Mozen wrote:I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level.

at least we'll never have to build a block set and watch some undead spiders punch our shield really fast anymore
Neptuno

Postby Malthrax » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Neptuno wrote:
Mozen wrote:I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level.

at least we'll never have to build a block set and watch some undead spiders punch our shield really fast anymore

Yeah, we'll just have to build a +mastery set and watch a bunch of undead dragonkin punch our shield really fast instead.
Malthrax

Postby Chicken » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Malthrax wrote:
Neptuno wrote:

Yeah, we'll just have to build a +mastery set and watch a bunch of undead dragonkin punch our shield really fast instead.
Still not nearly the same thing all things considered. The attraction in the block set for undead spiders lay in the complete damage prevention that provided. Nowadays that's impossible.
Chicken

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Chicken wrote:Still not nearly the same thing all things considered. The attraction in the block set for undead spiders lay in the complete damage prevention that provided. Nowadays that's impossible.

yeah, i couldn't tank more than 3 (with 4th standing range... had to rely 4% on holy shield and that wasn't cool... finally switched some BV for block rating and got it, but then the guild i was in never tried it again :( im just glad i won't need entire additional BV sets... threat = ret post-defense
Neptuno

Postby Markoh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUfVIqTtGs

This is a good video of what a deathwing attack looks like. Seems like leveling alts just got a bit more interesting.
Markoh

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Markoh wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUfVIqTtGs

This is a good video of what a deathwing attack looks like. Seems like leveling alts just got a bit more interesting.

That seems like it'll be pretty hard to avoid, unless you have the ability to mount up on a flying mount immediately. And even then, maybe not.

Looks fun. :)
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Cataclysm