Remove Advertisements

Deathwing goes burninating!

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Mozen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:54 am

I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level. 8)

In essence we would be fighting multiple raid bosses in each phase of the Deathwing fight, while the dragons keep Deathwing busy. It would be even better if the way we fight the adds are somehow variable. Say we need to get a different buff or debuff from one of the friendly dragons to fight each of the adds properly, or if the adds will behave differently depending on which dragon we have helping us, so we could go in with a melee heavy or caster heavy raid and not experience any major disadvantage either way.

But I can understand people want to get a few wacks on Deathwing, so maybe after the adds are down, we enter "phase 2" and get to tank the final 45% or so.

There was a joke going on among some friends when beta client was first leaked and someone posted a HUGE Deathwing model. We were joking about having a raid of five regular five-man groups (i.e. 5 tanks, 5 healers, 15 DPS), each group is responsible for tanking, healing and damaging a different part of Deathwing, like the head, left claw, right claw, tail, and then one group gets sent into that gigantic mouth to take out Deathwing's heart. :lol:
Mozen
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 am

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Neptuno » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:54 am

Mozen wrote:I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level.


at least we'll never have to build a block set and watch some undead spiders punch our shield really fast anymore
User avatar
Neptuno
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Malthrax » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Neptuno wrote:
Mozen wrote:I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level.


at least we'll never have to build a block set and watch some undead spiders punch our shield really fast anymore


Yeah, we'll just have to build a +mastery set and watch a bunch of undead dragonkin punch our shield really fast instead.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Chicken » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Malthrax wrote:
Neptuno wrote:
Mozen wrote:I don't mind doing add duty all the time, as long as the "adds" are Skull level.


at least we'll never have to build a block set and watch some undead spiders punch our shield really fast anymore


Yeah, we'll just have to build a +mastery set and watch a bunch of undead dragonkin punch our shield really fast instead.
Still not nearly the same thing all things considered. The attraction in the block set for undead spiders lay in the complete damage prevention that provided. Nowadays that's impossible.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Neptuno » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Chicken wrote:Still not nearly the same thing all things considered. The attraction in the block set for undead spiders lay in the complete damage prevention that provided. Nowadays that's impossible.


yeah, i couldn't tank more than 3 (with 4th standing range... had to rely 4% on holy shield and that wasn't cool... finally switched some BV for block rating and got it, but then the guild i was in never tried it again :( im just glad i won't need entire additional BV sets... threat = ret post-defense
User avatar
Neptuno
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Markoh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUfVIqTtGs

This is a good video of what a deathwing attack looks like. Seems like leveling alts just got a bit more interesting.
User avatar
Markoh
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Deathwing goes burninating!

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Markoh wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUfVIqTtGs

This is a good video of what a deathwing attack looks like. Seems like leveling alts just got a bit more interesting.

That seems like it'll be pretty hard to avoid, unless you have the ability to mount up on a flying mount immediately. And even then, maybe not.

Looks fun. :)
User avatar
Braundo
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 am
Location: Wiping your raids

Previous

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests