Remove Advertisements

Who will be at Blizzcon?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Who will be at Blizzcon?

Postby Aergis » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Minnerva wrote:I was looking for people wearing the maintankadin bag but one guy bump me on the shoulder and kept walking and some were just a bit creepy from how serious they looked.

Sad.
It wasn't me was it? I had to ninja surprise Vanifae to get him to stop!
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Arnock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Minnerva wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:
Minnerva wrote:hence why i don't post pictures, I took them down by the way from my last post.

They were a tad blurry but but good enough to see whats going on.

I've seen worse camera's.

Minn, Vanifae's dream of meeting you has been shattered :(

I told vanifae I would be wearing a kon bag

I was looking for people wearing the maintankadin bag but one guy bump me on the shoulder and kept walking and some were just a bit creepy from how serious they looked.

Blizzcon is VERY serious business.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby mew » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Arnock wrote:
Minnerva wrote:
I told vanifae I would be wearing a kon bag

I was looking for people wearing the maintankadin bag but one guy bump me on the shoulder and kept walking and some were just a bit creepy from how serious they looked.

Blizzcon is VERY serious business.

Fuck yeah it is!

It's extremely hard to find people at Blizzcon since it's so huge :( If you coincidentally run in to anyone you know it's quite rare. I ran in to Mia Rose at the bar, some people I knew from my server outside of the convention center, another guy I knew on the way to the bar (he saw me, but I didn't see him, so he called me to make sure it was me), and then Sahiel after I had drank with Mia Rose, but that was about it.

My friend wearing the white and I were only together for about an hour before we went backstage :( So I didn't get to get as many pictures as I wanted to (she was extremely uncomfortable in the costume so she didn't wear it very long). It took us almost an hour to walk about 100 feet inside the convention center since we kept getting stopped for 5-10 minutes at a time for pictures. We did have to hurry along and turn some down though, I wish we could have had more time.

How did you enjoy the con though, Minn? Vanifae and I both really love it every year.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Minnerva » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 am

it was a bit too crowded but interesting.
Minnerva

Postby sahiel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Minnerva wrote:I asked for a few weeks off and been in disneyland, i saw a few people with the maintankadin shirt but I was kind of looking for mew, invis, and vanifae since i tried to say hi to one of the person wearing a maintankadin shirt and they just passed by me and bumped my shoulder.

I hope it wasn't me! I know I was rushing around a couple of times as one of my friends was costumed as Sylvanas and she had a couple of people try to get to know the Banshee Queen a little too initmately for comfort so she texted me to come save her.

Edit: Oh and I remembered the best bit about meeting you Mew! When we went outside looking for Vanifae and the security guard at the door took one look and said "I'm going to have to ask you two to return to the party." Best guard ever! 'You, go party more!' (I know it was cause we had drinks, but it still made me chuckle!)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby ack » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Minnerva wrote:I was looking for people wearing the maintankadin bag but one guy bump me on the shoulder and kept walking and some were just a bit creepy from how serious they looked.

I bet you could narrow down the suspects and find out who really bumped you on the shoulder.

As a few people have mentioned, Blizzcon is serious. It's all about getting free stuff that's worth $5. Some lady even lost her underwear on the convention floor.
Ackini of Paragon, Frostmane.
ack
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 pm

ack wrote:

I bet you could narrow down the suspects and find out who really bumped you on the shoulder.

As a few people have mentioned, Blizzcon is serious. It's all about getting free stuff that's worth $5. Some lady even lost her underwear on the convention floor.

*raises eyebrow*
Lightbeard

Postby Aergis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:15 pm

We have pictures.
Apparently some guy also grabbed them after we past and put them on his girlfriends head... Wonder if they are still together...
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:05 am

Aergis wrote:We have pictures.
Apparently some guy also grabbed them after we past and put them on his girlfriends head... Wonder if they are still together...

That's pretty hilarious.
Lightbeard

Postby mew » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:58 am

sahiel wrote:Edit: Oh and I remembered the best bit about meeting you Mew! When we went outside looking for Vanifae and the security guard at the door took one look and said "I'm going to have to ask you two to return to the party." Best guard ever! 'You, go party more!' (I know it was cause we had drinks, but it still made me chuckle!)

Haha, I had forgotten about that until you brought it up. I hardly even remember. I was told so many times by people in the Hilton to put my shoes on and other things that I was used to it. They were all very friendly. I'm surprised I never got told to stop yelling or to put more clothes on (I was in costume for a while, until I got drunk enough where I realized "I am going to destroy these wings if I don't change now").

Party hard, bro.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 am

It looks like the mystery of Minnerva remains
Lightbeard

Postby mew » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 am

ALRIGHT FINALLY posting pictures. The problem was that Vanifae had a computer, I had a camera, I took all the pictures, he uploaded them on the internet in his facebook album :( And also since I was in costume I didn't get many costume pictures. Vanifae forgot his camera and I was counting on him to get them for me.

Image I completely loved this costume. The only problem with it was that she left the masks's eyes blank. She should have put mesh eyes in there fursuit-style to avoid that "I killed a cow and skinned its face off" look. Her hooves and gloves were amazing, I want them...

ImageI got some pictures with Jojo. She was hosting the stream this year (I didn't realize it was her). I saw her in front of the camera talking and I tried to get Antuan to go up to her and say "Lucy Liu! I love your movies! Can I get an autograph?" He thought it was funny but wouldn't do it :(

Image Drinkin at the bar with Miarose Saturday night. I probably posted about this earlier, but she was pretty cool. I expected her to seem dumb or an attention whore, but she wasn't at all.

Image Friday on my way to the hotel to change I saw these from behind and was like "FUCK! Another Twin Val'kyr, I thought I was supposed to be the only one..." They hadn't posted on the forums or anything :x I don't mind duplicates of my costume but I was disappointed because I pride myself on doing more original characters that others tend to not cosplay or think of. Now I have to be all "I was the Twin Val'kyr with the feathers" :( I'm not going to go in to a costume critique, but they were nice and it was nice meeting them. We took some pictures with them before the costume contest but I haven't been able to find any good shots (I thought I had a friend take one).

Image Droods.

Image Posting this anyways :( Vanifae didn't know how to use my camera, I gave it to him to take pictures but he didn't know how to focus it properly. Three great costumes. Lady Blaumex, T2 rogue, Lady Deathwhisper. I really really wish I had seen them, I love bloodfang and the deathwhisper girl is really great.

ImageThese trolls were great and the tree druid was amazing. One of these trolls was that amazing undead female from last year (or was it the year before?).

Image This guy had one of the best costumes there, unfortunately it wasn't really based off anything and he had no headgear. Full leather suit, I could smell it from 3 feet away :V I ran in to some of his friends on my way to the bar and they do medieval reenactments, we took some cool pictures. They make all of their armor out of authentic materials (leather, chain mail, plate mail, etc).

Image This was apparently the spot to be (by the Kerrigan statue), I ran in to so many other people in costume.

Image Hammer time.

Image My friend and I just had to do an "I'm throwing you off the throne" picture.

Image One lady even somehow noticed my nails and wanted a picture :D

I wish my friend had stayed in costume longer, I really wanted to get more pictures together (she was only in it for a few hours)
Image This one's probably the best, but every time I look at it all I can think is "what the fuck is going on with my leg", just unfortunate lighting and stuff I assume.

Image This Alexstraza was really popular. Girl was gigantic!

Image This is the picture featured in the wired.com article
ImageImage
mew

Postby Minnerva » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Lightbeard wrote:It looks like the mystery of Minnerva remains

its not a mystery, I am an average in looks. I could never wear something like the costume mew wore because I don't have the breast size or height to fill that costume, and if you talk to me in real life i would probably just hide behind my friends before even answering. I use glasses and get carded because they say I look too young.
Minnerva

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Mew you're right that Alexstraza looks tall as hell.
Lightbeard

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Awesome shots. Like I said on Facebook, those Val'kyr costumes were phenomenal. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that you weren't featured in the Wired.com article (or at least together) because you'd made the outfits and looked fantastic in it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum