Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

Postby Dantriges » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 am

Not a special one.

Did they implement a mechanic in an encounter where avoidance mattered?

Our whole gearing strategy for T9 and T10 was EH more or less.
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 am

Sonic wrote:
Am I the only one who is sick and tired of PvP affecting PvE?

No. And probably pvpers are sick of pve affecting pvp.

Tired of both. All the freaking qq, don't care. I'm tired of being the underdog in every situation. Quit beating the dead horse, res it and let it stampede over people for a bit. I think we deserve to be a little op with all the crap we've gone thru.

in my dreams though.

I'd like to see them use a sort of logic flag that would make coefficients change depending of the game environment.

If the environment is PvE, then the stam coefficient is this. If the environment is PvP, then it's something else.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Dantriges » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Yeah somthing crazy and innovative like a percent increase if you are in the right zone.
Dantriges

Postby theckhd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Dantriges wrote:Yeah somthing crazy and innovative like a percent increase if you are in the right zone.

Faceroll Radiance?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dantriges » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Yep, they could steal the code right out of the ICC system for health, no increase for damage and heal.
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Dantriges wrote:Yep, they could steal the code right out of the ICC system for health, no increase for damage and heal.

Your newsletter, I'd like to subscribe to it.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Ryyu » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Hmm, still looking like the new 'Rule' will be EH to survive X ability + 2 melee or X melee swings then stack Avoidance/threat. Which is still a lot better than the current system of "is it armour/stam? No? Then gtfo" I have to say the new stam buff, while a tad on the gay side for poor healers and there mana when it comes to raid healing, is a great buff for us. As far as I can tell, stacking stam will amount to very little with the new healer system, As i said before, stacking just enough to survive the new hotness, after that you're free to stack Avoidance (see below) or dare I say it, threat? worried as to how little hit and expertise I'm seeing some of the premades with, Esp since I believe Tanks get fucked by expertise shortage the worse.

Well that's if parry haste is still in the game.

I can see them adding a harsh DR too Mastery mind. Another Icewell Radiance be a tad of a Bullshit move. But, can't see anything close to a good guess before we see T12 gear/Bosses.
Ryyu

Postby Dantriges » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:31 pm

No explanation till now? I feared it was something like it´s easier to buff stamina coefficient than reduce the damage from bosses or stupid things like that until Sabin said it was for pvp.
Dantriges

Postby eia » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:41 am

Dantriges wrote:Yeah somthing crazy and innovative like a percent increase if you are in the right zone.

I guess you mean "in an Arena or BG" with this, but that would not solve the issues with world pvp, and however much some might ignore that, fact is that PvP servers exist and I for one didn't sign up to be one-shotted when I rolled a char on one.
That said, I don't understand why they don't just add a base resilience to all chars instead. Let everyone have enough resilience to halve the damage done by other players, with more resilience adding to it normally.
They have the stat, why not use it?
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Noradin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 am

eia wrote:

I guess you mean "in an Arena or BG" with this, but that would not solve the issues with world pvp, and however much some might ignore that, fact is that PvP servers exist and I for one didn't sign up to be one-shotted when I rolled a char on one.
That said, I don't understand why they don't just add a base resilience to all chars instead. Let everyone have enough resilience to halve the damage done by other players, with more resilience adding to it normally.
They have the stat, why not use it?

Because everyone likes BIG numbers... -.-
ImageImage
Noradin

Previous

Return to Cataclysm